By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii games be on PS3 due to new controller?

twingo said:
GhaleonUnlimited said:
Gimmicky peripherals launching years after the console itself always prove so successful

Um dude Sony has done in it in the past with their PS2 camera games...

...and their PS3 camera games!

To answer the question, no I don't believe many if any Wii games will be ported to PS3 because of motion controls. I'm sure most of you have noticed, since you've bitched about it enough, so you'll recall that Wii games do not look like PS3 games. You'll also notice that a late port that needs a hefty graphical leap to get in line with competition isn't a very smart business decision, especially considering most every third party publisher wants to include both HD consoles to get the most sales possibl and wouldn't be able to in this case.

If this controller is real, I expect it to be a gargantuan success like the PSEye is.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I'm sure it'd be possible to port, but I think this motion thing is gonna be a huge flop unless they can get it out for chump change. The PS3 and 360 have so much of that pseudo-hardcore gamer that I doubt they'd purchase any game that was also on the Wii, despite quality.

For the motion to be a huge hit, Sony would need some major title to really push it. Nintendo has their Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime and a bunch of other AAA games that use the motion controls well. What is Sony gonna come with? Eye Toy quality games? If they do that, I predict this will be an instafail.

I don't think this will attract any casual gamer. The PS3 is insanely priced compared to the Wii. Plus, I haven't seen any Sony games that have that Nintendo appeal. The closest you get is LBP, but that's the only one I can think of.

Well Sony could come out with a killer tennis game.  Ratchet and Clank appeals to the seasoned and casual gamer, along with Jak and Daxter.  The biggest Wii games besides the Mario/Metroid/Zelda related series are fitness games.  Sony could come out with a few fitness games.  hmm, they could come out with a flight simulation game where you hold the motion controller like a vertical stick and control the plane like that.  That would be pretty fun.

badgenome said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
GhaleonUnlimited said:
Gimmicky peripherals launching years after the console itself always prove so successful

It's funny that Kaz Hirai doesn't rely on doing gimmicky things and made fun of Nintendo going for the casuals and then they do this.

You laugh now. You won't be laughing when Sony places a motion controller on the screen and a success instantiates.

Ok...so tell me what you think Sony's focus group is? You cant, because Sony mainly focus on males 13-30. There is no success in this for Sony and there wont be. Mark my words.

GhaleonUnlimited said:

I need say only two word (or two others):

Guitar Hero (or Rock Band)

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

Possibly but once again look at the huge development costs differences between them. A lot of reasons Wii doesn't get some of the games PS3 and 360 get is because you have to create it almost completely new for it. Now think the opposite direction but more expensive?

I mean I'm sure a few would leak over kinda like what has been going on for Wii but how many of those have actually been really good haha. They don't make them as good because they want to keep it as cheap as possible. So I'm sure this would happen but on a small scale just like with Wii.

Of course we are over discussing a rumor. Let's just wait for E3 and see if it actually is true to discuss this further.