By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Jedi Star Wars: The Force Unleashed coming to Wii !

Star Wars games are great...mainly because LucasArts pushed new technology on a lot of the older games like the TIE fighter series, as well as later ones like Jedi Knight II and III.

A lot of them barely have much to do with the movies anymore...you can think of them just as sci-fi games if you want. Mass Effect is pretty much KOTOR...nothing wrong with that though...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

StarWars games are great (well not all) but they let us StarWars nerds play StarWars games without feeling like Star Wars nerds, thats a great thing.

I'm not happy about this at all. It's being made by the same people making the PS2 and PSP versions, meaning it's surely a direct port of the PS2 version. Not only that, but it's not going to be 1 to 1. This is one of those games that I am going to want to wait and get when I pick up a 360.

Aw nuts. I wanted the first Star Wars game on the Wii to be...well...1:1 lightsaber action. We'll see if Krome gets smart and spitshines the Wii port.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I was excited until you mentioned PS2. That just completely doomed the entire project. I hope that they would actually put forth some efforts on the Wii, but all I see happening is them porting it for the PS2 and adding motion controls to it for the Wii. My care meter just crashed. :(

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
Please... No more Star Wars games! Please... Just end!!! Just end...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. 

Arcturus said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

To me, Starwars has transitioned from a license to a game universe. Most starwars games are completely different barring certain themes. Perhaps it's just because Knights of the Old Republic is the best RPG I've played in years, but I see no reason to stop, unless the games become crappy that is. but it hasn't happened yet.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Arcturus said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

To me, Starwars has transitioned from a license to a game universe. Most starwars games are completely different barring certain themes. Perhaps it's just because Knights of the Old Republic is the best RPG I've played in years, but I see no reason to stop, unless the games become crappy that is. but it hasn't happened yet.

I've played 2 or 3 Star Wars games and enjoyed them somewhat. I agree that the Star Wars universe is deep and diverse, and therefore allows for a lot of variety in games, but when they release a Star Wars game every 3 months or so, it just gets tiresome.

I wonder if there is a count somewhere of the total number of Star Wars games released?

Awesome! Would have preferred something properly original - but this will do for starters.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

stof said:
Arcturus said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

I agree, however, I will not pay money for a half-assed PS2 port.  Lucasarts is going to have to put effort into their Wii games just like every other developer.  There are a lot of shit star wars games out there, and considering this is being made from an off-shoot hired on 3rd party company that's going to port the PS2 version and tack some motion controls, I'm guessing this will be another one.  If it is, Lucasarts can go to hell.