By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Jedi Star Wars: The Force Unleashed coming to Wii !

I really hope they do this right, I would rather them stick with solid gestures than screw up 1:1.

So if they go for 1:1 they better get it right.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Although my kneejerk reaction is that lightsaber + Wiimote = winsauce, I also assumed Spiderman 3 would rule due to similar logic (Spiderman 2 + motion controls = winsauce, right???).

That lesson hurt both my wallet and my enthusiasm. We'll see what this game is like when it comes out.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Although my kneejerk reaction is that lightsaber + Wiimote = winsauce, I also assumed Spiderman 3 would rule due to similar logic (Spiderman 2 + motion controls = winsauce, right???).

That lesson hurt both my wallet and my enthusiasm. We'll see what this game is like when it comes out.

No offense, but I sort of could have told you that was going to be the case with spiderman.  It's always the games that sound like they would be good with motion controls..but then when you think about it there aren't any obvious good uses for the motion controls.   Those are the games that are prone to have issues.

So as far as the lightsaber itself I am not too worried as they should be keenly aware how important it will be to get that right.  The force powers are what have me worried a little bit. There aren't obvious controls for alot of the moves, so we really won't know what to expect.   

To Each Man, Responsibility

^^ I don't know about that - Press C and shake = Force Choke/Crush, C + thrust forward = Force Lightning attack, C + pull back = Force Pull, C + swing left to right = Force Bitchslap

The possiblities are endless....

lots of news today...can't say I'm surprised... when i saw the news i wasn't jumpin out of my seat with joy as i knew it was on the cards. Well this is another game for me to buy in the dry spring spell with Mario Karrt wii

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Ishy, can you compress your sig at all? It's freakin huge.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

as long as they do this well it will sell...heck who am i kidding it says STAR WARS--it will sell by default...heres hoping the give us a new Knights soon

I wish they would do 1:1 Olympic Rhythmic Gymnastics. It would be awesome, the Wii controller is just made for the Ribbon event!

Sqrl said:
No offense, but I sort of could have told you that was going to be the case with spiderman.  It's always the games that sound like they would be good with motion controls..but then when you think about it there aren't any obvious good uses for the motion controls.   Those are the games that are prone to have issues.

Actually I'd say the web-slinging aspects were loads of fun when you got the hang of it and felt very satisfying. Really was cool when I could swing through sections of a bridge with style. Everything else about the game was either a terrible bore or a frustrating waste of time. I got my rental's worth of fun out of Spider-man 3 before I got sick of it.