By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thre needs to be an asterik by Wii Sports Numbers.

But you're not grounded in reality. You just argued that making a ton of good games was bad for the Wii. Having a diverse library with many great games is what lets a system survive so well in droughts. If Nintendo didn't release all those huge games so fast, their current drought would be 10 times worse.

And core games sell better on the Wii than on the 360 or the PS3. The Wii is winning the old war and the new war. The 360 and the PS3 are fighting really hard in the old war, and barely losing. But in the new war, they've got nothing on Wii Sports. As long as they're only seriously competing with Nintendo on one of their 2 fronts, they will eat Nintendo's Wii Dust.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
But you're not grounded in reality. You just argued that making a ton of good games was bad for the Wii. Having a diverse library with many great games is what lets a system survive so well in droughts. If Nintendo didn't release all those huge games so fast, their current drought would be 10 times worse.

And core games sell better on the Wii than on the 360 or the PS3. The Wii is winning the old war and the new war. The 360 and the PS3 are fighting really hard in the old war, and barely losing. But in the new war, they've got nothing on Wii Sports. As long as they're only seriously competing with Nintendo on one of their 2 fronts, they will eat Nintendo's Wii Dust.

Yeah, that's what they say.  But, I guess time will be the final arbiter.

It must be absolutely frustrating for you. Believing that you are grounded in reality, and just not understanding why everyone cannot grasp what you are telling them.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Your premise is that people would not buy the game based on quality, backed up by review scores.

Take a good look at how review scores affect actual sales. They don't.

And unless you can prove Super Mario Bros would have sold 40 million without being bundled, that argument against putting an asterisk there is faulty.

That's all I'm putting up here. If the OP can't see this, we either have a delusional poster or a troll.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Hawk said:
It must be absolutely frustrating for you. Believing that you are grounded in reality, and just not understanding why everyone cannot grasp what you are telling them.

I know why they choose to not get what I'm trying to tell them. After two poor gens for Nintendo, they're so happy that Nintendo is back on top that they consider any negative thing someone could say about the Wii to be an affront to their personal dignity and are willing to say games that they never would have made any positive remarks about before are the best games ever simply because they've put Nintendo back on top.  And if the majority of critics don't agree with the Nintendo fan community's assessment of those games it is simply because the entire review system is broken.

Around the Network

Why don't you troll with your main account?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

txrattlesnake said:
Batman...WTF? said:
Oh for fuck's sake.... Give it a rest. A good game is all a matter of opinion. A game you think sucks may be someone's most favorite game of all time.

I think in its time many more people considered Super Mario Brothers to be the greatest game of all time than consider Wii Sports to be the greatest game of all time today.

Which is all you've done in this thread, presented your opinion.  "I think..." ad nauseum.  How about you try a "some people say" too?

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
txrattlesnake said:
Hawk said:

I know why they choose to not get what I'm trying to tell them. After two poor gens for Nintendo, they're so happy that Nintendo is back on top that they consider any negative thing someone could say about the Wii to be an affront to their personal dignity and are willing to say games that they never would have made any positive remarks about before are the best games ever simply because they've put Nintendo back on top.  And if the majority of critics don't agree with the Nintendo fan community's assessment of those games it is simply because the entire review system is broken.

1) I've been playing video games since before I could read, back in the early 80's.

2) Many of my favorite games aren't made by Nintendo.

3) I think Wii Sports is one of the best games of all time.

4) The majority of critics are idiots, so an aggregate of their idiotic viewpoints is the opinion of one big FrankenMoron.

I find this interesting

txrattlesnake said:

I'm pretty sure Wii Sports is the only game this gen that has been bundled with its console since the day its console first released.  So, the only way those other games could measure up fairly would also be if they had been bundled with their consoles since day one.

And if New Super Mario Bros. had been bundled with the DS since Day One for the DS, then it would have sold over 100,000,000 copies.

See the paragraph indentations?

txrattlesnake said:

Or they could remove the game totally from the sales charts because there's no way to know how much it would sell on its own other than by going with the Japanese data.

Again

trestres said:
OMG... Why are you people even responding to this troll? I have already told many mods that this guy is an alt account to Paul_Warren, whose other alt account (BTFeather55) was recently permabanned because I reported him. 

I kindly ask all mods to check his post history and writing style and preferences (Hates the Wii, leaves spaces before starting each paragraph, uses the metacritic arguement, etc) and realize that this guy has made yet another alt account after getting permabanned.

I'm gonna report him again.

Then trestres post...
txrattlesnake said:

"Those people are idiots, and not the majority of buyers. It didn't make the 360 sell "more." They would have to manufacture more units for that to happen. That kind of panic where people pay more than retail happens AFTER something has "sold out." It doesn't inflate demand. It inflates eBay resale prices."

Something had to happen to increase people's demands to the point where they would be willing to pay such staggering prices and it was shortages. The Wii never hit such a price point but many people were buying it for anywhere fro9m $400.00 to $800.00 in bundles which seemed to be the only thing stores where offering for it when its actual retail price Christmas '06 was $250.00.

Oh look he took them out, but then
txrattlesnake said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Yeah, that's what they say.  But, I guess time will be the final arbiter.

Just can't help himself
:) fun day

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.