By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: InFamous < 100k first week, 1.2m lifetime.

I see no reason this game will not sell terribly and even less than just the PS3 version of Prototype. 0.80m lifetime if the game is any good, 0.50m if the game is pretty meh.

First week about 90k is my guess.

Around the Network

175-220k firstweek
1-1.5m LTD

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

So what (most of) you are saying is that InFamous will buck the trend suggested by this thread http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=68935?

And it will actually have Wii-like legs rather than std PS3 legs.

I dunno whether InFamous is the type of game to buck the trend. It has an impressive original feel, but of all the ingame vid I've seen it does look like it might be a bit of a one trick pony, so word of mouth might affect it's legs. OTOH if the early previews are off the mark the WoM will bring in the curvy legs.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
So what (most of) you are saying is that InFamous will buck the trend suggested by this thread http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=68935?

And it will actually have Wii-like legs rather than std PS3 legs.

Those "trends" are nothing more than an average of games that span a wide spectrum when it comes to legs.

Just look at Uncharted.  Or Heavenly Sword.  Both sold over 10x their opening week lifetime.  Of course, Uncharted had a botched opening week because GameStop decided to release the game early.  If it has bad word of mouth, it'll probably end up like Lair, which sold almost 30% of its sales the first week.

There are a few things you have to take into when making predictions like this.  How good will the game be?  Will it have good word of mouth?  Is it in a genre that is more prone to legs (ie FPS vs SRPG)?  Will it be bundled?  Etc. etc.

This is a third person action game set in a sandbox environment.  It could have pretty nice legs if it ends up being a good game.

On the onw review I am aware of the game got an 87% or something like that so not a terrible game at all. PS3 games do not have terrible legs, I still think Killzone 2 will sell 3 million lifetime. :/

Around the Network

200k first week , 2 M lifetime.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

RPG said:
I see no reason this game will not sell terribly and even less than just the PS3 version of Prototype. 0.80m lifetime if the game is any good, 0.50m if the game is pretty meh.

First week about 90k is my guess.

0.80 million lifetime is by no means terrible sales.

And to be honest, I don't see why it would sell that badly. This isn't a niche genre, it has Assassin's Creed and GTA in it...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
1.2 million lifetime isn't selling well? For a new IP?
It's nothing fantastic, but those would be good sales. And outstanding legs.

I predict a bit higher:
First Week: 350,000
Lifetime: 1.8 million

Agreed. If it sells 1.2 million lifetime the devs will have a party. With cake..

I'd say
300k first week
1.5-2.5 million Life Time

Something around Uncharted's sales

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

220K - First Week
1.1 - 1.3 - LTD

4 ≈ One