By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is House of the Dead: Overkill a full price game?

greenmedic88 said:
Try think of it as paying by the F-bomb. The game is now cheap at $50.

...the game has always been $50 even when first released.

Around the Network

cos it sells

Ryudo said:
dsister44 said:
you fell for it didnt you.

and edge gave it a higher score than killzone 2

Yahztee liked it more the KH2

Huh? I'm sure he said he liked it better then 'Gears of World War 2'. Nothing about Killzone 2 :D

greenmedic88 said:
Try think of it as paying by the F-bomb. The game is now cheap at $50.

Haha, well said.

I thought it was a fantastic game and well worth the cost. This idea of games being forced to run 10-20 hours before they have 'value' is unfortunate; I prefer to measure value of a game by the amount of enjoyment I get while playing it. Even shorter games like Overkill and MadWorld were amazingly fun to play, and that's what makes all the difference for me.

In short: I'd much rather spend $50 on a 4 hour game of pure fun than on a game with 20 hours of bland mediocrity. Granted, there are even 30-40 hour games of pure win (Valkyria Chronicles comes to mind), but it all depends on the genre and the extras.

Overkill is a rails shooter, so obviously it will be shorter than a JRPG. I think they did a fantastic job with the extras; I played through all of Director's cut and have (almost) all the unlocks now. Director's cut is also not just more zombies - there are extra cutscenes and routes, and most levels are almost twice as long as the first run through.

The extras are there, but the inherent value of the game is obviously dependant on your tastes as a gamer. If you didn't think the great story or gameplay of Overkill was fun, then you should probably simply avoid shooters on rails. Those are my thoughts, at least. :)