By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is House of the Dead: Overkill a full price game?

So last night I went to go see X-Men Origins: Wolverine with a friend and we got fairly drunk at the movie (hooray Studio Movie Grill) so even though it was midnight or so we came back to my place and decided to play games since he didn't want to drive home.

We pick House of the Dead: Overkill because I had started it and the humor was awesome. 

So we play it and we're absolutely loving it.  By the third stage we get the auto shotgun and we just start ripping through everything.  We actually were never even in danger of dying and didn't die until the final boss (friend died once but he just continued so no big deal).

Anyways, I thought the game was fun even though it was ridiculously easy.  We were constantly laughing (which is hard to do in a game), and the game itself is just fun, but there was one problem: we finished the game in under 2 1/2 hours.

What the fuck!?

This was a full priced game and it was only 2 1/2 hours?  What the crap were they thinking?

I don't mind a short game, I don't even mind a full priced 6 hour game if it's really fun, but there's no excuse for a full priced 2 1/2 hour game.

Bah.

Around the Network

They're probably developing a system where you can get the game for free, but you have to send your quarters to Sega to get credits to play the game so you can pay for how much you want to play rather than full price for a one time playthrough.

SEGA tends to charge whatever the hell they can. Regardless of quality/quantity.

That's why I avoid buying anything SEGA new.

They did it just to annoy you twesterm and I'm glad. Your misery makes me happy.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

you fell for it didnt you.

and edge gave it a higher score than killzone 2

Around the Network

I hope you finished the Director's Cut before making this thread.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I didn't pay full price for the game. I got it for £19.99. And if you add the Director's Cut, it extends the game quite a bit. And also try to unlock everything too.

dsister44 said:
you fell for it didnt you.

and edge gave it a higher score than killzone 2

Yahztee liked it more the KH2

Bozon also said this game was fun when he was drunk.

It's really short, but very fun.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.