By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is House of the Dead: Overkill a full price game?

If it were $40, I probably wouldn't have been as upset since the humor was awesome but $30 would have been the right price for that game.

It was a really fun 2 1/2 and the humor was brilliant (thank God we found this mini-gun Ha!) but everything else about the game was pretty sub-par so it's not like $30 would have been unreasonable.

Around the Network

Well you WERE drunk. Maybe it felt like 2 and a half hours, but it was more like 6? ;)

bardicverse said:
Well you WERE drunk. Maybe it felt like 2 and a half hours, but it was more like 6? ;)

The Wii tells you how long you played the game, we were playing for 2 hours and 23 minutes. 

twesterm said:
bardicverse said:

The Wii tells you how long you played the game, we were playing for 2 hours and 23 minutes. 

Did you read the info while drunk?

bardicverse said:
twesterm said:
bardicverse said:

We were sober by the time we finished the game

Around the Network
twesterm said:
bardicverse said:
twesterm said:
bardicverse said:

We were sober by the time we finished the game

Then you clearly didn't drink enough!

I hear good things about this game, but I'm waiting for the price to go down before I buy it. The game being short actually is what makes it a sale for me. Once the price is about $20 that is. I like light gun games, but only for a short time. I tire of them really easy. So I'm glad I should be able to play this game through in the time that I still find it entertaining. But I will only find $20 my selling point for the short time of fun I expect for this game. But that's not really an indication as to my thinking the game doesn't have value, it's just an indication of my short attention span for light gun games.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Gnac said:

*bangs head against wall*

Rather than answering, he probably finds it easier to ignore.

jlauro said:
Gnac said:

Yeah, I ignored it because I didn't really see it as any kind of a point.

I'm not going to play through the entire game again just to see a few scenes that probably should have been in the already short game to begin with.

Different difficulties does not really equal replayability and that isn't really much incentive to play again.

Again, I love the game, I just think it cost far too much money.

jlauro said:
Gnac said:

That was originally a response to another comment, but I felt it was pointless to argue with such a blinkered opinion and edited it to that (seeing as I can't actually delete the post).

@Twesterm: The scan was posted in jest (mouseover for ALT text).

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3