By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - June - Might be the worst month for Nintendo fans on any forum.

Three huge things are going to happen in June for Nintendo.

• The Conduit release. First off I dont think this gonna sell millions or push hardware. I do think its gonna sell good overtime but the first week/month sales wont be 1 million. Because of that no matter what forum or site you go to there will be an endless amount of shit talking.
  • WiiMotion+ This also releases in June. Its gonna kick off to a slow start and again regardless of anything people will talk more shit. Slow sales no games announced that are gonna support etc. Tons of articles bitching about this is how it shouldve been from the beginning and all that.
  • E3. This is what can make this month either extremly easier or extremely harder. Like always nobody knows what to expect from Nintendo. If they announce NA release dates for games from the Fall Media Summit that wont satisfy enough people and bitching continues. If they announce a ton of awesome stuff then people cant really say anything
    If they repeat last year........

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Actually I think May will be the worse month.

YoY Wii sales in May will be down something like 50-60%....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

It could be a terrible month, it could be a great month for the wii, but who cares? I'll be too busy playing The Conduit, Klonoa, Little King's Story, Overlord and REmake to care.

Even if E3 this year is bad again I have more than enough titles for the rest of the year to hold me over.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

It could go either way. But I really do doubt they'll have another bad E3.

like griffinA said, I think all the wii owners are gonna be too busy playing all their new releases to notice or even care

....at least i know i will :D

Around the Network

even if this years e3 is the worst one ever, and even if Nintendo announces that half the games already released for the wii are gonna disappear into thin air and never come back, i will still have way too many games to play, so i don't care.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Conduit will get trolled.
WM+, if it has one bad review, or dosent push hardware... will get trolled.
E3, if its anything like last year, well... i dont even want to go into that.

You're neglecting the biggest June event for all console owners in North America. Shame on you. >=(

Other than that, you're probably right.

agreed. But i hope it doesnt turn to be like that.

It shouldn't be too bad. The Conduit should have better sales from the start than others, but still not great.

We've already experienced the worst of the backlash about Motion Plus. The darkest day for that was when it got out that Nintendo hadn't given 3rd parties any prior notice.

As for E3, who knows? We've been over that ad nauseum, and are still no closer to the truth.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.