By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - June - Might be the worst month for Nintendo fans on any forum.

Here's my predictions, and feel free to quote it and bring it up in June

1... Conduit will receive average scores and nowhere near what people on the forum is expecting in sales. So fans will defend it by calling reviewers Wii-haters as well as "doesn't understand the console"... While using it "all wii games have legs" explanation

2...WM+ will sell average (nowhere near as well as the most optimistic view) but it will recieve some harsh reviews, See fan reactions from above

3... E3 will have Nintendo losing it again, but Fans will rejoice with any kind of announcements, claiming Nintendo has won E3 regardless what Nintendo has done. Might see 1-2 returning franchises releasing nowhere near and obviously nowhere near as good as some will predict pre-E3.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@kingofwale: WM+ has already received good reviews (or at least previews from those who tried Virtua Tennis and that EA golf game).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kingofwale said:

1... Conduit will receive average scores and nowhere near what people on the forum is expecting in sales. So fans will defend it by calling reviewers Wii-haters as well as "doesn't understand the console"... While using it "all wii games have legs" explanation

2...WM+ will sell average (nowhere near as well as the most optimistic view) but it will recieve some harsh reviews, See fan reactions from above

3... E3 will have Nintendo losing it again, but Fans will rejoice with any kind of announcements, claiming Nintendo has won E3 regardless what Nintendo has done. Might see 1-2 returning franchises releasing nowhere near and obviously nowhere near as good as some will predict pre-E3.

Please define your terms, most notably, but not exclusively, "average" and "losing." Also, what is people expecting?

I ask so as to make it easier to cook the crow.

It's true, I should be more clear on this

Average score = sub 75%... a direct contrast from so many of people who have claimed it to be an AAA game.

Losing = being out-announced, out-performed, out-impressed by Sony and Microsoft, It's not really hard to state, look no further to last year's E3

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

So youre gonna take all the stupid comments from a few users and blow the shit up so it seems like all Ninty fans think the same?

Good for you.

As for #3 thats for everyone. You can quote me on the majority of Ninty/MS/Sony fans are going ot be satisfied even if they "suck" to people.=P

Around the Network
kingofwale said:

Average score = sub 75%... a direct contrast from so many of people who have claimed it to be an AAA game.

Losing = being out-announced, out-performed, out-impressed by Sony and Microsoft, It's not really hard to state, look no further to last year's E3

Average score is noted, and my thanks.

"Average" for sales is still missing.

"Losing" portion merely replaced one subjective definition with another, but I doubt I'll get any more.

Still awaiting definition of "what people on the forum is expecting in sales."

Doesn't matter what happens, someone will always find a reason to complain.

^
I know.
However June is just gonna be a lot worse. Front page will be flooded with Wii hate so will sites.

kingofwale said:

Last year's E3 was shit for all 3 consoles E3 last year was "Final Fantasy XIII for 360 that is all" Microsoft "won" by default, but "winning" last years E3 was like winning the special olympics.

And since when has 75% been average?  50% is supposed to be the average, 70% is just reccomended while the 69 to 50% range is reccomended to fans of the series/genre.

The fact that you don't even know what reviewers are saying about Wii Motion plus already shows how hard your prediction is going to fail.  But whatever dude believe what you believe, I guess that's why PS3 is market leader right now...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Valkyria00 said:
^
I know.
However June is just gonna be a lot worse. Front page will be flooded with Wii hate so will sites.

I don't know how worse it will get, but hopefully Nintendo can pull through and have at least a good E3 show.  Considering that they had a super-bad one last year and admit that they went wrong, I can imagine them doing better.  Nintendo definitely has some new games in development, but we don't even know what they are.  Still, if Iwata says they're going to show them at E3, I'm all for it.

Nonetheless, I do agree that this is going to be one of those "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situations; whatever Nintendo succeeds in doing this year, there will ALWAYS be naysayers to jump on them at every opportunity.  Actually, that HAS happened to anything popular, so this really isn't anything new.