By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS3 Will Dominate (In 3~5 Years)

Carl2291 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
why do people give Sony so much grief when they are simply doing what they do best.

What will it matter if the other two consoles drop out with their newer models in 3-5 years? It only means that the PS3 can survive this gen as well as going into next gen. At the moment the PS3 is the most powerful gaming console to date. By the time the next Wii and xbox come out they will have more comparable, if not better hardware. This will put the PS3 at a technological disadvantage but a userbase advantage over the competition. Does this not sound familiar to any of you? PS2 vs Gamecube and XBOX much? THe PS3 will have a lower price tag then both next gen consoles and still be comparable, enough for people to start picking it up like the PS2 or Wii.o

Sounds like the perfect plan to me. Create a system that can survive two console gens by making it BEFORE it's time. This will assure their 10 year plan as well as keep them profitable.

Great post. I agree 100%

Both of you need your heads examined. I'd think this was joke post if it weren't for the poster that typed it. If you think Nintendo and Microsoft along with third party developers are going simply drop Wii and 360 support when their succesors are released your either biased, stupid, or just plain brain dead. The PS3 is going have the smallest userbase. The business case for supporting the in 3 to 5 years is going to worse thant he business case for supporting the Wii and 360 because those two consoles have a higher userbase.

Unless Sony is going to be the sole supplier of software for the platform the PS3 will not making it to ten years. The years on the market usually determined by the consumers. The Neo Geo was an exception and SNK provided games for the platform itself after third parties moved on. Third party developers only give strong support to the number 1 platform of the prior generation. The PS3 isn't number 1. So why are they going to stick around for it and not it superior performing competitors? Especially when the combined userbase of the 360/PS3 is cited as the reason for the viability of HD software. Tell me again how MS dropping the 360 would help the PS3 get continued software support after the generation is over? Especially when the number one platform, the Wii, should have well over three times its userbase at that point in time.

It amazes me that people continue to point to the PS1 and PS2 as the reason why the PS3 will last 10 years. The PS1 and PS2 show why the PS3 won't last 10 years. Both PS1 and PS2 had over 100 million consoles sold when their successors were announced, so third parties had good reason to continue to supply the PS1 and PS2 with software. The PS3 will be lucky to if it has half as many sales when the PS4 launches. That's not taking into account the developers that like to hop on the lastest and most technologically advanced hardware. Naughty Dog and Insomniac fall into that category. Both of them jumped to PS3 when they over 100 million PS2 owners they could provide software for. Why would they stick to the PS3 when its not going have nearly as many users? They won't. They are going to jump into PS4 development and not look back. If Sony's most ardent supporters aren't going to stick around on the PS3 platform, why would the rest of the development community.

Around the Network

PS3 is teh future confirmed??

4 ≈ One

@ Selnor, you seem to be hoping Microsoft blows E3 out of the water this year, while leaving Sony in the dust. Not going to happen, Sony will also have a blockbuster show with all the potential games they "could" announce. Your post was a bit fanboyish, I expected better, especially from you (I've read a lot of your posts). And none of those games will win Graphics 09, it will either be KZ2 or Heavy Rain, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'd be surprised if Microsoft announces games we don't know about as of yet.

Ultibankai said:
@ Selnor, you seem to be hoping Microsoft blows E3 out of the water this year, while leaving Sony in the dust. Not going to happen, Sony will also have a blockbuster show with all the potential games they "could" announce. Your post was a bit fanboyish, I expected better, especially from you (I've read a lot of your posts). And none of those games will win Graphics 09, it will either be KZ2 or Heavy Rain, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'd be surprised if Microsoft announces games we don't know about as of yet.

This is it isn't it. E3 for M$ and more importantly 2009 is massive now. I love the PS3, but hate the bullsh*t that goes with it.

Heavy Rain is in with a chance. But even 2 years ago the Alan Wake footage was better than KZ2. So the fact that Alan Wake is even showing this year insatantly takes KZ2 out of the equation for me. Splinter Cell Conviction is another one that looked amazing in 2006/07. Also Forza 3 Turn 10 stated they have bettered GT5 ( take that with salt until we see it in 4 weeks. )

Ninety nine nights 2, I'm sorry to say this looks graphically better than GOW 3. It's only screenshots so far, but the gameplay shots are impressive. And with hundreds of enemies on screen is just amazing. I'm not scared to say stuff about better graphics being on 360. PS3 fans assume the 360 and PS3 are capable of a certain level. My point was this year PS3 fans will have a horrible shock. Becasue personally the 360 games that have been confirmed were all looking amazing 2/3 years ago. And every E3 that Alan Wake has been at it has recieved best graphics of E3.

selnor said:
Ultibankai said:

Heavy Rain is in with a chance. But even 2 years ago the Alan Wake footage was better than KZ2. So the fact that Alan Wake is even showing this year insatantly takes KZ2 out of the equation for me. Splinter Cell Conviction is another one that looked amazing in 2006/07. Also Forza 3 Turn 10 stated they have bettered GT5 ( take that with salt until we see it in 4 weeks. )

Alan Wake has been shown on nothing but PC selnor.  What's your point?   Fans of KZ2 may as well talk about the graphics of that 2005 trailer when talking about KZ2.  It's essentially the same thing.

Ninety nine nights 2, I'm sorry to say this looks graphically better than GOW 3. It's only screenshots so far, but the gameplay shots are impressive. And with hundreds of enemies on screen is just amazing.

Ah yes.  Haze had good looking moments in screen shots too.   

I'm not scared to say stuff about better graphics being on 360. PS3 fans assume the 360 and PS3 are capable of a certain level. My point was this year PS3 fans will have a horrible shock. Becasue personally the 360 games that have been confirmed were all looking amazing 2/3 years ago. And every E3 that Alan Wake has been at it has recieved best graphics of E3.

We will see,  I doubt the 360 has anything that surpasses the PS3 offerings. 

Around the Network
Rpruett said:
selnor said:
Ultibankai said:

Alan Wake has been shown on nothing but PC selnor.  What's your point?   Fans of KZ2 may as well talk about the graphics of that 2005 trailer when talking about KZ2.  It's essentially the same thing.

Ninety nine nights 2, I'm sorry to say this looks graphically better than GOW 3. It's only screenshots so far, but the gameplay shots are impressive. And with hundreds of enemies on screen is just amazing.

Ah yes.  Haze had good looking moments in screen shots too.   

I'm not scared to say stuff about better graphics being on 360. PS3 fans assume the 360 and PS3 are capable of a certain level. My point was this year PS3 fans will have a horrible shock. Becasue personally the 360 games that have been confirmed were all looking amazing 2/3 years ago. And every E3 that Alan Wake has been at it has recieved best graphics of E3.

We will see,  I doubt the 360 has anything that surpasses the PS3 offerings. 

KZ2 trailer in 2005 was CGI. All Alan Wake footag that has been shown is actual engine. E3 2005, Intel Conference and even the October 2008 trailer were all confirmed game engine. The arguement of PC is unsubstantial. I have shown PC and 360 trailers before for Mass Effect. Besides resolution ( 720p 360 and higher on PC ) there is no noticeable difference. There is difference but not enough for anyone to give a crap.

You doubt the 360 has anything to surpass Ps3 offerings. That is exactly why your mind is already conditioned by Sony to believe their PR crap. By the end of the year, there will be nothing graphically between the 2. It's like Uncharted 2. People are syaing it looks better than KZ2????? From the footage Ive seen and from the screenshots KZ2 kills it. I guess I'm not sucked in.

Sounds good. I couldn't care less about the PS3 winning this generation (it clearly won't), but that means that Sony is still going to push great games for at least 3-5 more years.

selnor said:
Rpruett said:
selnor said:

KZ2 trailer in 2005 was CGI. All Alan Wake footag that has been shown is actual engine. E3 2005, Intel Conference and even the October 2008 trailer were all confirmed game engine. The arguement of PC is unsubstantial. I have shown PC and 360 trailers before for Mass Effect. Besides resolution ( 720p 360 and higher on PC ) there is no noticeable difference. There is difference but not enough for anyone to give a crap.

It's certainly not unsubstantial.  Crysis could run on the consoles.  Just severely gimped and not half as good as it looks on the PC.  Which version do you/would you show off to people if you were releasing two versions?  Come on now.    Even the footage in game I  saw from  Alan Wake were all running a beefy, beefy PC.  When we see 360 footage that blows KZ2 out of the water then we can talk.

That's the point though.  The KZ2 trailer was CGI,  it's almost as relevant as how good a PC build of Alan Wake looks.  And even then, the PC build of Alan Wake didn't look mind blowing.

You doubt the 360 has anything to surpass Ps3 offerings. That is exactly why your mind is already conditioned by Sony to believe their PR crap. By the end of the year, there will be nothing graphically between the 2. It's like Uncharted 2. People are syaing it looks better than KZ2????? From the footage Ive seen and from the screenshots KZ2 kills it. I guess I'm not sucked in.

Selnor you are sucked in.  Just on the incorrect side . The fact that some of the bigger fanboys wouldn't even follow you down the path you are trying to go down should be telling enough.

Rpruett said:
selnor said:
Rpruett said:
selnor said:

It's certainly not unsubstantial.  Crysis could run on the consoles.  Just severely gimped and not half as good as it looks on the PC.  Which version do you/would you show off to people if you were releasing two versions?  Come on now.    Even the footage in game I  saw from  Alan Wake were all running a beefy, beefy PC.  When we see 360 footage that blows KZ2 out of the water then we can talk.

That's the point though.  The KZ2 trailer was CGI,  it's almost as relevant as how good a PC build of Alan Wake looks.  And even then, the PC build of Alan Wake didn't look mind blowing.

Selnor you are sucked in.  Just on the incorrect side . The fact that some of the bigger fanboys wouldn't even follow you down the path you are trying to go down should be telling enough.

LOL.:)

Are the same fanboys on this site who say meh to LP 2 graphics. When Gametrailers, Gamersyde, IGN, Gamespot forums almost everyone calls LP 2 the new benchmark, or stunning, or seriously impressive. I'm not on a side buddy. I'm just not sucked into to PR bulls*it and think like a robot.

selnor said:
Rpruett said:
selnor said:
Rpruett said:
selnor said:

LOL.:)

Are the same fanboys on this site who say meh to LP 2 graphics. When Gametrailers, Gamersyde, IGN, Gamespot forums almost everyone calls LP 2 the new benchmark, or stunning, or seriously impressive. I'm not on a side buddy. I'm just not sucked into to PR bulls*it and think like a robot.

When you have yet to see one ounce of footage on the platform that you're looking to play it on....Yes you are thinking like a robot.  I have no doubt Alan Wake will be a pretty game.  I have sincere doubts it surpasses KZ2 in terms of appearance though. Especially on the 360 build of the game.