By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I correct to think that DS has outsold total PS1 sales?

Since I've seen nothing mentioned about this case before I thought I could share my curiosity. 

I'm pretty sure the DS sales has surpassed PS1 sales which was roughly 102 Million, and look the DS has passed 102 million now so it's possible that DS has outsold another gaming machine.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Cool if true

I don’t really know how much the PS1 numbers are.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

i dun quite remember, i thought i heard somebody saying PS1 was around 112mil? but not sure.

PS1 = 102.49

DS is very, very close.

Didnt PS1 = 105 million copies sold?

Around the Network

Well in any case the DS has outsold PS1 or it's very close, the Japan charts isn't up so even more so.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

According to Wikipedia, the PS1 has sold 102 million as of July 20th July 2008, but if even the PS1 were still selling I doubt it would be much, could of only sold about 90,000 since then.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Yeah, after this week is up id say DS has outsold PS+PSone.

Wikipedia (although its not the most accurate) has it at 102.49million.

Ps1 sold 102.49M (as previously stated).

DS is at 101.72M, before this week's numbers.

It won't sell 770K this week, but it should make it next week, or the week after that.

Ps1 sold a total of 962M software - http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatapssoft_e.html

DS has so far sold far less. I estimate it's around 530M shipped (VGC has 160M sold in 2008, and as of 12/31/2007 it has shipped 370M). It sold 160M, so it should end at a far higher number for software too.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I dont think it's fair to compare a handheld with a console. I would count each DS as a ½ console if I was to make a comparison for some reason.