By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Oh wow, I go to study for a few hours and this threads explodes in comments! Thanks a lot guys :P j/k xD

@Carl

Glad to see you finally getting the game :) As for starter classes, there are a few that are more friendly towards beginners, like the Royal and the Hunter.

Whatever class you pick, make sure you pick a class that has a Ranged attack, the Thief is good for that because it starts with a Bow and a Sword/Shield combo, but it lacks on vitality and endurance, so you'll need to rely a lot on backstabs and stealth attacks at the start.

A magic only class like the magician or temple knight is also good, spells and miracles are particulary good on this game, but if you're more into spells then, pick the magician, since the only attacking miracle you'll get in the entire game requires you to beat one of the major bosses in the game, so it's not recommended for beginners.

Picking a heavy melee intensive class is not recommended, the Knight, Soldier and Barbarian requires that you invest much in melee, and to be a good melee character you'll need to learn how to block and dodge properly and fast (also, if you do start as a Knight, make sure that you take off that stupidly heavy armour, it may look nice and offer tons of protections, but you'll be in a world of hurt due to the lack of mobility and dodge abilities). Don't make that mistake, I did it when I first started the game, and I regretted it latter when I started NG+ for the first time :P

All in all, once you're further along the game, classes won't matter as much, as you invest in stats to level up, so you can make any character and any approach that you want in the game :).

@routsounmanman

You can bet that losing all my DS data was really a major pain, I could have had the platinum now >_
@tripleb2k

The game is totally worth, if you're an RPG fan and don't mind the intensive learning curve of the game. You'll need to learn everything fast or you'll die a lot and won't progress much in the game. In the end, the game lasts as long as you take to learn about it, a single playthrough can go from 40 hours to 60 hours, and that's just game 1, once you finish it, you open NG+, which doubles the difficulty of the whole game :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I did pick Knight...

I took like a 1/4 of that Vanguard monsters life off and then it splatted me

Should i start again as a Thief then? It seems i will need a ranged weapon...
Oh the decisions...

^follow my advice with the knight! Melee power + some early soul arrow magic should do it for your long-range needs.

Yey! Got my first ring!

Cling Ring.

A legend is born!

Carl2291 said:
Yey! Got my first ring!

Cling Ring.

A legend is born!

The most important ring in the game

make sure to get the Thief Ring too

you will be equipping these two Rings 90% of the entire game

^ location

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Just been past there and saved him.

I'm at a bridge, and a draon keeps on coming... And im too scared to run across

I'l go back and get thet Thief ring, then im gonna try get past that dragon without losing my 2500 souls

Sweet, glad I found this thread. Picked up the game over the holidays and I can't stop playing it. I'm Soul Level 55 ish and am almost done with the first play through.

Mainly playing offline so I can do my WT events, but once those are done, I'll be back to online and maybe pestering people in this thread to play with

@Carl

Did you save Ostrava before or after defeating all enemies in the area? Not only those dreblings that you found next to Ostrava, but also all of the soldiers and blue eye knights?

Because if you didn't, there's a high probability that Ostrava will be killed by any of those, make sure that the next time you go back to the Nexus he's there.

My advice is that you invest some points in dexterity (at least to 16) in order to use the best bow in the game later on, the Lava Bow, since you'll be doing high 200's in damage with it, much more than in any arrow type magic in the game, unless your magic is insanely high (+40) and have magic boosting items.

@gekkokamen

The problem with your build is that in order to effectively wield soul arrow (effectively = doing some actual decent damage), he'll have to invest some points in magic and intelligence, taking away from the actual melee build that it's the Knight.

Ranged attacks are always best with the Bow's at early stages, especially once you get to world 3 where most enemies are highly immune to magic, or in world 4 where trying to hit those mantas with magic is going to drain his MP pool in an instant.

@EncodedNybble

Glad to see another DS fan in here :D

BTW, there are a lot of people in this thread that's around your level, so you'll have some good chances for people to play with you ;) Not me though, i'm 185 right now :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well i dropped down that bit where you get ambushed and his area was the first i went to.

I went to him he asked for help... I killed everything, then followed him around and we killed everything else.

Everything apart from him = Dead. I just went for that ring and hes still walking around the area.

Anyways, any tips for that Dragon? And... How do i level up me and my abilities? Im still a noob!

That's okay then, he'll be safe for now, you'll have to rescue him on the next stage though ;)

For that dragon, my tip is this:

- When you reach the stairway before the bridge that has the Dragon and the soldiers, you'll see a pathway to the left. At the end of that pathway, there's a dragon roost which has a blue dragon swinging his tail. If you approach it enough, the red dragon will come flying back, and try to roost you with a flame attack as soon as he lands.

Once he lands on the roost and begins his fire attack, run back to the previous stairway and make sure your stamina bar is at full. Once it's filled, start running to the other side of the bridge, don't mind the soldiers, just run to the other side. Doing that, you'll outrun the time that the dragon needs to return from the roost back to the bridge.

Once you're on the other side of the bridge, you can kill the soldiers, even if the dragon passes above you, because you'll be out of his fire zone ;)

About leveling up, you still can't do that, you'll have to finish that stage first by defeating it's boss. After you do that, you'll have to return to the Nexus, talk to the maiden in black whom will give you a task to do inside the Nexus itself.

After finishing that task, return to the maiden and talk to her. She'll ask you if you want to increase your soul power, say "YES"

Afterwards you'll be able to spend your soul points with her to level up your stats ;)

Current PC Build