By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Carl2291 said:
I finally got the game from my friend.

Just about to start...

Anyone got hints/tips for class to start with, along with inspiration for after i get bitchslapped when i come across my first fight.

Congrats Carl

Am still kinda noob my self, but since my mentor Lestat is offline, i try to do my best

I recommend the "Thief" Class, they start with a good armor + a Bow (you gonna need it)

they are very agile (you can dodge attacks easier).

- You gonna die alot at first so dont worry about it

- If you see demons with "Blue eyes" be very carfeull coze they are stronger than the others

- If you encounter a "Red eyes" demon...RUN RUN RUN, you cant handle them yet

- You leave a "bloodstain" in the place you died, if you can reach it again without dying you can recover all the

souls you have collected right before you die (die before reaching it and a new bloodstain will appear and the old one disappear)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Screw you guys!

I picked tower knight... See how i like it

Sorry, i wasn't online...

i advice you to stop! and learn more about the game before moving fwd or you will miss alot of things

go back a few pages and read lestat's answers to me and Sabby, they will help ya alot

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

tripleb2k said:
is this game worth buying????!
I hear the difficulty is punishing beyond belief. like start the game, take 2 steps and you die difficult... but does it have length? games like RE5, MW2, etc were really short, does this one give you some bang for your buck???

The game is great and faaaaar better than i expected.

Its not really THAT hard, it just start hard and then become easier (the lack of check-points can be the hardest part)

As for its length........well i have been playing for around 50hrs and am around half of the game

Lucky i didn't really start it eh?

Alright, thanks nen! I'l start with a Thief

Link me to those posts, please? I looked back a few pages... But no idea how far back they are

Carl2291 said:
I finally got the game from my friend.

Just about to start...

Anyone got hints/tips for class to start with, along with inspiration for after i get bitchslapped when i come across my first fight.

Start with a Kight and focus on Str, Vit and End in that order for your first 10 lvls.  Reach Str 18 as soon as possible which will enable you to use stronger weapons like the bastard sword, and the Steel Shield (found in Stonefang tunnel stage 1 (2-1).

The knight starts with Mag 10 which is great and you only need to find a "catalyst" to be able to cast magic. Purchase Soul Arrow as soon as you have the catalyst (there's one in Tower of Latria and in Boletaria stage 2) and 1,000 souls (the price for soul arrow) is not enough to level up.

That's just for starters. A general tip would be to return to the nexus if you feel you could risk a considerable amount of soul and exchange it (you can only lvel up after defeating the first boss, the phalanx). After you defeat a stage boss, spend all the souls you have on you, even if it means buying cheap herbs (well, you'll need those at the beginning anyway), and I would recommend killing yourself at the nexus and lose your body. This way you can play through the worlds in phantom form and they'll be easier and even if you die the world tendency won't turn to black so it won't get much harder and you'll also get the chance to turn the world to "Pure White" on your first playthrough and unlock all the extra stuff for doing so. Only drawback to that is that you have a little less of HP (and you'll be wearing your cling ring most of the time) but it's worth it.

If you decide on a magic user pick the Royal, since he comes equipped with a fragant ring (regens MP) and a coronet (head item which gives you extra total MP while wearing it) a catalyst and equipped with the soul arrow magic. Focus on magic, HP, str and end in that order for your first 15 levels (the royal starts at level 1, so your level ups are kind of easy at first).

Inspiration? There's no enough inspiration I can give you to survive this hell, but I will try my best in the word's of sargeant Hartman from "Full Metal Jacket" :

"if you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you'll be a weapon, a minister of death praying for war. But until that day, you are pukes! You are the lowest form of life on Earth, you are not even human fucking beings! you're nothing but an unorganized grab-asstic pieces of amphibian shit! because I'm hard you will not like me, but the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair!

edit : I see you want to play a thief..well , well, I played a thief too ( one of my 4 characters)... I advice to focus on dex and forget about everything else until it's around 20-21. Daggers are your best friends, the can stagger enemies as no other weapon can! but their damage output is low so crank up that dex! stay light-load all the time and look for the backstab spot. Other great weapons for thieves : Rapier, estoc and falcion. Short bows work like a charm. I'd advice you to forget about str and endurance just enough to be light (although eventually max it out). Stat priority for my thief: DEX, int (will), mag, vit, faith, end, str.

Around the Network

@Carl

i knew it, reaching the Tower Knight this fast is impossible xD

Lestat gave gave me a link to this site....i personally will begin using from now on

study it well

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/upgrade

I don't know if I made the right choice. Was choosing a Hunter class good to begin with?

@Carl

Don't pick the Thief; it's one of the toughest classes to start with (the other being the magician which I stupidly picked). Pick either a Royal (Magic + MP Regen) or a Temple Knight (very good equipment, even stats)

@nen-suer & difficulty

The game is very unforgiving at times, but NEVER unfair (well maybe in world 5). Believe me, you'll pull your hair a couple of times through the game (i.e. if you don't use magic, the Tower Knight in NG+)

@lestatdark

I'm sure losing all your saved data was a bit more nerve cracking than losing a measly 3m souls, right? ;-p

Thanks guys.

Not sure what i want to pick now

Knight sounds really good, think i might go with Knight...

@Carl

Let us know what you picked eventually and your first impressions. Also, speak up if you need any help.