By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Phalanx was difficult for me because I didn't understand what to do at first and wasted all my fire bombs, but I did it on my second shot.

Tower knight was pretty easy, got him 2nd time.

I'm going pure dagger (well, storm ruler for 4-3) in this build. (and a bow for farming and geckos).

I still have 1-3, 1-4, 2-3, 3-2, 3-3, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3 left to do. Damn, that's a lot :(

Hopefully I'll finish 3-2 and 2-3 tonight and finish all of my PBWT and PWWT events in world 2 also.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
This must be a really fun game.

You don't know what you're missing Seraphic! :D

@Carl

Nice, I just went one by one on my first playthrough, was a bit more fun XD

About the Tower Knight, he's hard only if you don't understand his movement pattern. If you want to go melee on him, always stick to his back, and attack his feet until he falls down. Be careful for his AoE attacks, they hurt massively and have a huge area, even if you're around him, but they have a huge downtime, so you can dodge them fairly easily once you see them coming ;) 

@EncodedNybble

Nice build, I used to be a Pure Uchigatana Dual Wielding, but I'm having a blast now with Dragon Bone Smasher XD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatsdark

It's a challenging build as my dagger really only works well for ripostes and back stabs, but it's satisfying.

High dex (when I start pumping it) should help.

Side note (vgchartz question):  How do I note what consoles I own?  I see that lestatdark has, well, looks like everything!

lestatdark said:
@Carl

Did you save Ostrava before or after defeating all enemies in the area? Not only those dreblings that you found next to Ostrava, but also all of the soldiers and blue eye knights?

Because if you didn't, there's a high probability that Ostrava will be killed by any of those, make sure that the next time you go back to the Nexus he's there.

My advice is that you invest some points in dexterity (at least to 16) in order to use the best bow in the game later on, the Lava Bow, since you'll be doing high 200's in damage with it, much more than in any arrow type magic in the game, unless your magic is insanely high (+40) and have magic boosting items.

@gekkokamen

The problem with your build is that in order to effectively wield soul arrow (effectively = doing some actual decent damage), he'll have to invest some points in magic and intelligence, taking away from the actual melee build that it's the Knight.

Ranged attacks are always best with the Bow's at early stages, especially once you get to world 3 where most enemies are highly immune to magic, or in world 4 where trying to hit those mantas with magic is going to drain his MP pool in an instant.

@EncodedNybble

Glad to see another DS fan in here :D

BTW, there are a lot of people in this thread that's around your level, so you'll have some good chances for people to play with you ;) Not me though, i'm 185 right now :P

mmm, not really. You don't have to invest anything on magic to deal a decent amount of damage for soul arrow in the very early stages and it's very effective against stuff like the little bearbugs and worms of 2-2, it's also decent for archers in 4-1 and other range attackers like the minister in 2-1.  It's only 1,000 souls and you can use the silver catalyst and have a little extra MP. Of course once you get to Tower of Latria you can change your tactics, but I really don't see the need for range attacks in that whole world anyway, although soul arrow can be useful against some pesky gargoyles, but melee is the best way to go. And against the mantas it can kill one in one or two shots max, but it's not like you have to kill many of them anyway...You get the longbow in 4-1, but that's not a stage any noob will be visiting and exploring anytime soon.

Right...

Strength up 4 to 18.
Vitality up 2 to 12.
Endurance up 2 to 13
Luck up 1 to 8

Using the Bastard Sword now, i have my Long Sword saved for piercing attacks though.

Anywhere i can sell unwanted gear?

Around the Network

@EncodedNybble

Try to make an Fatal type of dagger, trust me, you'll love it :D My Fatal Secret Dagger +5 does a measly 100 damage to enemies, yet when I riposte or backstab, I do 1100 to Knights in 1-4 on NG+ xDDD

To add the console markers below your avatar, you need to add games to your collection, when you add a new game for a console that you don't have still, it's respective marker will appear.

To add games, take the example of Demon's Souls: http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=31689&region=All

Go to where it says Community Stats, Owned and click on Add. Demon's Souls should appear on your collection and a PS3 marker should appear below your avatar.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Carl2291 said:
Right...

Strength up 4 to 18.
Vitality up 2 to 12.
Endurance up 2 to 13
Luck up 1 to 8

Using the Bastard Sword now, i have my Long Sword saved for piercing attacks though.

Anywhere i can sell unwanted gear?

You can't sell unwanted gear :P that's the main catch of the game, there's no way of gaining souls other than defeating enemies or using the Souls items xD

Also, don't bother with Luck so much, it won't allow you to get better drops, it just increases the amount of drops that you get, p.e, instead of getting 1 Crescent Moon Herb from dreblings in 1-1, you'll start getting 2 or more with Luck over 10.

If you're going to be more melee centric, then don't worry about Luck, since it's only good for Blueblood Sword builds, which you won't need, as with that melee centric character, Meat Cleaver or Dragon Bone Smasher is the way to go.

@gekkokamen

Ahhhh, it looks like i'm taking a stroll down memory lane XD That was my entire build for my first playthrough in the game, before I lost my DS data when my PS3 broke down :P

Current PC Build

@lestatdark

Thanks for the tips, profile is looking better now.

Mind if I add you on PSN?

I've heard everyone raving about the fatal secret dagger, I just figured, in the rare chance that I miss a back stab, my sharp secret dagger will still do some damage. But! No harm in making both, though I need to find another secret dagger then :)

@EncodedNybble

Go ahead :)

It's pretty easy to find another Secret Dagger, the ninja enemies in 1-3 and 1-4 drop them a lot, especially on PB WT. Also, you can try out the next best thing. Make a Sharp Secret Dagger, use it in your left hand, as you can parry with it, and then use your Fatal Secret Dagger in your right hand.

That way, even if you miss the backstabs, you can still swing the Left Handed Sharp Secret Dagger, which has an extremely fast start up (all usable weapons on the left hand can attack much faster than the right hand) so that way, you'll set up your enemy in mid-animation from which they cannot move, until your stamina drains with your attacks.

Works like a charm for my Sharp Uchigatana +5 left hand - Tearing Uchigatana +5 right hand combo ;)

Current PC Build

@lestatdark

YLOD? you too? I mean, it happened the same to me. PS3 died, lost my 4 characters one of them the Knight I platinumed the game with, he was level 265 :(