By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

@lestatdark

I added you on PSN last night.

Also, got my world 2 into PBWT, killed all the geckos (finally able to finish my sticky CLB +5). Time to get my ToB and my first colorless demon's soul!

Then time to get to PWWT and kill the 2-3 boss. Horray!

Around the Network

Just killed that Demon spider. He was very easy with my Long Bow.

Also, I have been investing heavily in Luck. Is that a good thing?

^OH NO! stop that, totally uselss!

sabby_e17 said:

Luck is often considered the worst stat.

Why?  It's not bad just not as good as the other ones.

There is only 1 item in the whole game (blueblood sword) that has a damage based on luck.  Thus, every point in luck you spend (that could have been spent elsewhere) gets you no additional damage (unless you use the blueblood sword, but then you're limiting yourself to one weapon, period) and doesn't help you meet any requirements for gear either.

The effectiveness of luck on drop rate drastically decreases after 30 luck.

Plague resistence is kinda useless.

The Long Sword of Searching gives you "double your luck" in terms of item drops when you have it equipped, thus, a luck of 15 and that sword = a luck of 30 without the sword.

So, unless you want to use the blueblood sword specfically, I wouldn't recommend putting more than 15 in luck, most people recommend 0 points in luck.

EncodedNybble said:
sabby_e17 said:

Luck is often considered the worst stat.

Why?  It's not bad just not as good as the other ones.

There is only 1 item in the whole game (blueblood sword) that has a damage based on luck.  Thus, every point in luck you spend (that could have been spent elsewhere) gets you no additional damage (unless you use the blueblood sword, but then you're limiting yourself to one weapon, period) and doesn't help you meet any requirements for gear either.

The effectiveness of luck on drop rate drastically decreases after 30 luck.

Plague resistence is kinda useless.

The Long Sword of Searching gives you "double your luck" in terms of item drops when you have it equipped, thus, a luck of 15 and that sword = a luck of 30 without the sword.

So, unless you want to use the blueblood sword specfically, I wouldn't recommend putting more than 15 in luck, most people recommend 0 points in luck.

O-O Damn.

I've put something like 25 into luck. More than any other stat...

Maybe I should start the game again.

Around the Network

@sabby

If you're not dying too much, no need to restart. 25 luck isn't so bad, only 10 "wasted" points minimum, no reason to restart the game I'd think.

You also don't have to restart. If you play online (or want to just this once) you can you your black phantom stone to invade someone else's game as a black phantom (you need to be in soul form to do this). Once in their game, jump off a cliff or die by some other means than the other player. Dying this way loses a soul level (and one point off the highest non vitality stat you have).

Sure you lose a couple thousands souls that you spent getting that soul level in the first place, but it might be faster than starting the game over again.

I'd recommend not starting over or using the black phantom route than starting a new game.

^man, what kind of character were you aiming to build based on...LUCK? a Leprechaun? Two-Face? lol...

gekkokamen said:
^man, what kind of character were you aiming to build based on...LUCK? a Leprechaun? Two-Face? lol...

Going a character than can increase your drop rates isn't that bad of a strategy in most games, that's the very first thing I do on any diablo game.

Why does it suck worse in DS though?  There is only one weapon that has anything based on luck.  In diablo games it is items (not inherant stats) that increase drop rates.  Thus, in DS, you're throwing damage and life and resistence etc. away.

Also, in DS luck just increases the probablity that a monster will drop an item, it DOES NOT affect the 'quality' of the item.

In Diablo, magic find worked different.  It upped the chances of dropping magic/rare/set/unique items but the overall "will this monster drop an item" is unchanged.

I think I might just start a new game tomorrow. I've only gotten to the spider Demon and put in around 21 hours.

Should I pick the Hunter again?

^^ Just do the black phantom trick to drop your luck to ~20. You'll also get Pure Black Character Tendency free