By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

routsounmanman said:
^^ Just do the black phantom trick to drop your luck to ~20. You'll also get Pure Black Character Tendency free

I only have two black phantom stone things to invade other worlds.

Around the Network

^you can invade infinitely, the item never gets used up. I wouldn't advice to put yourself through that tedious grinding, though. If you think you can build a better character, do it. You already know how to beat the levels and your skill is a lot better right? so, you should take less than half the time.

Luck in DS in completely useless. Even the Large Sword of Searching item has been proved to be worthless, even though people still like to equip it to feel like "just in case this thing works" they are doing everything possible to maximize the chance of good drops. But really, it's only a psychological thing. The whole luck thing in Demon's Souls is faulty, don't waste a single point in it. Take it from me who platinumed the game and have finished it with 4 diferent characters.

@sabby_e17

Well, I for one don't condone you for putting so much emphasis on luck, but it's rather useless at this point in the game.

Luck will only be a factor once you get the BlueBlood sword, since luck boosts the attack of the sword by two points for each luck point. If you factor the boosts that you get from Strength, Magic and Faith, with high luck, Blueblood sword can be the best sword in the game, with over 600 attack power.

But if you want to reroll, I suggest that you do, and try to focus your character on an exclusive type of build. As you were more of a Bow user before, why not try to invest more points in Dexterity next time?

As for me, i'm going a hybrid of Warrior/Mage now, it's nice to cast Firestorm for massive damage and then switch to a Dragon Bone Smasher +5 and a Tower Shield +5 on the other hand xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^does the DB smasher have any advantage over the lighter and powerful Meat Cleaver (besides the irrelevant fire resistance bonus and being able to smash through obstacles in the Dragon God's lair) ?

Around the Network

I've got to Tower Knight...

Hiding in a corner up on the steps as i write this haha...

Let's hope i beat him down!

gekkokamen said:
^does the DB smasher have any advantage over the lighter and powerful Meat Cleaver (besides the irrelevant fire resistance bonus and being able to smash through obstacles in the Dragon God's lair) ?

In my opinion it has many advantages:

- It has at least two feet more in range, which counts a lot especially if you use the DBS in two handed mode.
- Using a Shield block and counter, even if your opponent rolls away, you'll still hit him with the R2 smash, due to the size advantage
- The Dodge backwards + attack move is a massive damage dealer, my DBS+5, having 520 attack power, does 700 damage to PB WT Knights in 1-4 with that attack
- Coupling the DBS+5 with the Tower Shield +5, you'll be a virtually impermeable fortress of damage xD Especially when you're below the burden limit and surprise your opponents because of that :P

@Carl

Good luck with the Tower Knight!  

Do you have ranged? If you do, attack from above, his attacks will miss almost always. If you have to go melee, stick behind him and attack his legs. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Carl2291  Once you beat him, keep the soul and don't "eat it". There's a wizard in Tower of Latria ( not sure if you meet him yet) called Sage Freke...if you give him the Tower Knight's soul he will teach you the advance magic Warding (or total protection in my asian version), that magic is extremely good, you just need Int (will) 14 to be able to equip it. Even if you're building a melee character I'd advice you to upgrade your int to 14 just for this, it's VERY useful and it doesn't cost much mp to cast. What it does is esentially cut in half the (physical) damage you take for around 40 seconds, nice huh?

@gekkokamen

Actually, Warding boosts your defense stat by 100%, so the largest the stat, the bigger the protection that Warding offers. I've tried it out on the Black Phantom giant goblins in 5-2. With any armour below the Gloom Set, with Warding and in NG+, having 1100 HP, an attack from the BP Giant Goblins, took 700 HP.

With the Brushwood Set, I only suffered 450 HP damage, it's quite a large difference, so armor makes total difference when using Warding ;)

Current PC Build

He killed me ¬_¬

I think i need a new weapon... Or at least an upgrade of mine