By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one that think that Nintendo will win next generation?

We know they will have motion controllers. I think they will have better online and have better graphics and will be the strongest console out of the 3. Who agrees?

Around the Network

Strongest how? Graphically, I doubt it, but saleswise is definitely a possibility. And what makes you so sure it will be three consoles?

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

I agree they will win but they will have to work for it.

The online will still probably suck. They're as stubborn as mules on this.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

@soriku

not so sure about others making bigger leap if ps360 have only learnt one thing it is price does matter.
They wont put out console that are so highly priced again that don't make money.

Around the Network

Is there going to be a next gen?

I doubt it.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

@linkthe2nd I agree completely about the online.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I think a lot of people think Nintendo will win next gen... I do.

We'll see how things go.. I think Microsoft will have the strongest hardware though, not Nintendo but I think all three consoles will have fairly similar power..

I expect that all controllers will have an expansion port to add to the functionality if the need arises and motion control will be in there too. If Nintendo brings the games, it'll win..

axumblade said:
Not to be rude but I don't think that it's right to assume a company will do amazing from generation to generation. Shit happens (pardon my language). Anything is up in the air for the console war next generation. Nobody was thinking "hey. Nintendo are going to blow everyone away" for this generation so I don't see why people should make the same mistake they made about thinking the PS3 would defeat the Wii and arguably the 360.

I think a lot of it is due to Nintendo targeting both the core and the expanded audience, while Sony and Microsoft seem somewhat reluctant to really do the same.