By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one that think that Nintendo will win next generation?

axumblade said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
axumblade said:
Not to be rude but I don't think that it's right to assume a company will do amazing from generation to generation. Shit happens (pardon my language). Anything is up in the air for the console war next generation. Nobody was thinking "hey. Nintendo are going to blow everyone away" for this generation so I don't see why people should make the same mistake they made about thinking the PS3 would defeat the Wii and arguably the 360.

I think a lot of it is due to Nintendo targeting both the core and the expanded audience, while Sony and Microsoft seem somewhat reluctant to really do the same.

It's still not anything that guarantee's the next generation will give Nintendo a free pass to the front of the line.

That's why the thread question is think, not know or are convinced of.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
axumblade said:
Not to be rude but I don't think that it's right to assume a company will do amazing from generation to generation. Shit happens (pardon my language). Anything is up in the air for the console war next generation. Nobody was thinking "hey. Nintendo are going to blow everyone away" for this generation so I don't see why people should make the same mistake they made about thinking the PS3 would defeat the Wii and arguably the 360.

I think a lot of it is due to Nintendo targeting both the core and the expanded audience, while Sony and Microsoft seem somewhat reluctant to really do the same.

It's still not anything that guarantee's the next generation will give Nintendo a free pass to the front of the line.

To me what gives Nintendo the edge is Iwata. He really does know what he's doing so I feel safe saying that Nintendo has a greater chance than the others of winning. They also have all the biggest IP's of this generation exclusive to their platform which will be another solid boost.

axumblade said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
axumblade said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
axumblade said:

That's why the thread question is think, not know or are convinced of.

It's still to early to even consider thinking about who will win next generation, when we haven't even been given any ideas of what any of the systems will entail.

You're being far, far, too critical. With that approach, all speculation should be off-limits. No game speculation, unless the game has been officially announced, would be foolish. No thinking that maybe we'll get a new Zelda for Wii, or that Naughty Dog are working on a new Jak & Daxter for PS3, or anything like that. Because we haven't been given any ideas about it (Well, we have about Zelda, but that's besides the point). The thread is purely what people think will happen, given the current trends we're seeing. It's a very valid question, and even if the guesses might not be educated, they're still valid guesses.

Nintendo already won this generation in terms of sales quantity but this is not safe to say Nintendo can win next generation. We can see how Sony lose their leader position in 2 years time.

i think they can do it

please click  dragons and eggs

Around the Network

hey its the 2 gen rules, of course they will win

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

i would question Sony's capacity to go cheap again. Neither the PSP or the PS3 appear to indicate that they are heading in that direction.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Microsoft and the next XBOX will win next gen. Just my opinion without facts, sorry...

No way. Sony is winning for sure. They always learn on their mistakes

I think xbox is gonna try to launch 1st gain,and I think they'll launch with halo 4 so that will give them a strong lead but who knows,I did'nt expect wii to sell 50 million consoles so I guess they have a good shot they found a niche targeting a younger more casual audience and if they stick with that they could be a market leader again,but I honestly would prefer nintendo do more for the hardcore next generation.I'd love to see a mature and dark Zelda title,I love the series and grew up playing it,but I am an adult and I'd like to see an mature and deep story that matches the deep gameplay I've loved all these years,and they need to keep the classic controller optional cause I can't play with that wii mote thing.