By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one that think that Nintendo will win next generation?

axumblade said:
sethnintendo said:
JGarret said:
It´s interesting the cycle of 2 consecutive victories followed by a major fall.

NES--victory
SNES--victory
N64--fall

PS1--victory
PS2--victory
PS3--fall

Of course, that´s not to say the cycle will be repeated a third time.

Or how about we expand this into this hypothetical situation

NES - victory

SNES - victory

N64 - fall

GCN - fall

Wii - victory

Super Wii - victory

PS1 - victory

PS2 - victory

PS3 - fall

PS4 - fall

PS5 - victory

PS6 - victory

Does this leave the xbox to always be the bridesmaid no matter what console is out?

well

xbox - fail

xbox360 - semi fail

xbox720 - victory?

Around the Network

But Microsoft was close this gen cause they release earlier. If Nintendo didn't put motion controllers for the Wii.

ms is having a hard time beating sony this gen and sony has a 400$-600$ console depending on region.

this is the crazy thing.

Nintendo is in the position to completely dominate next gen and sell 200M+ consoles, but they will never do it because it won't be as profitable.

So if they sell 200m+ consoles they wont be as profitable??? Where is your logic coming from?

Around the Network

Nintendo will win because they've been able to take all thier profits from the current gen and have invested loads and loads into R&D.

I think they will have innovative controls to continue the wii brand, but it'll also be powerful enough compared to the other next gen systems (not necessarily most powerful but probably the equivalent of 360 compared to ps3) in order to get proper third party support for big titles like resident evil and GTA.

With their current install base, that should be enough to make them win (provided the price is right of course).

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

@sethnintendo

If they want to take over the market they are going to really need to appeal to us "core" gamers and offer some substantial hardware along with an assload of games. In other words, they will need to sell their consoles for a loss, like sony and MS do.

By the end of this gen, there will be roughly ~100M consoles both ps3 and 360. That's 100M nintendo could potential eat up, roughly equating to another 500M games sold.

For example: At the moment, the Wii could do with a small price drop. But they will never do that. If they did though, they would have a much better shot at 200M. That's my point

online xbox will win again ut wii 2 might win sales wise

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I agree with JUG.

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

Nintendo is just about to start the real next generation for them on Wii and people don't even know it.

Wii Motion Plus will be essentially their 'next gen' and because Wii Sports Resort will sell astronomically big numbers everyone will have one.

Just you watch.