By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here is happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation this generation?

Zebastian von Kane said:
Vanversive said:
This guy seems to like to make flame bait topics . Honestly I think they all suck, this generation so far has been horrible in my opinion on all three consoles. None of them have brought anything like the previous generations have. All we get from it is increased online multiplayer (which now can merit a bad score on a review if games do not include it) on consoles, which pc gamers have been privy of for years.

The games are dumbed down. (theres a few gems) the developers continue to nickel and dime by releasing DLC's that in a lot of cases should have already been included on the disc, which also lets developers release a buggy product with an "oops we messed up" patched released two weeks later.

The wii isn't helping anything, unless you are hardcore into mario and link, that or you can live with smash brothers being the only game that gets play time (seriously its all I use my wii for).

Consider me a retro gamer until this gen gets it act together.

Second!

Mr. Kane did you just accuse someone of living in the past?  

Around the Network

Add me to the list.

Microsoft delivers the goods. Microsoft deserve this success.

Consider me happy.
:)

My Gaming Setup

I'm not necessarily happy that Xbox is ahead of Playstation, but I'm glad Sony are getting what's coming to them for all of their downright awful decisions this gen, and their incredible arrogance.

blackstar said:
Zebastian von Kane said:
Keep dreaming!
And living in the past, if you will!

We're talking about 360, which is the current generation!

the title and the OP supports me

As you wish. Still, PS2 is profittable for Sony.

City17 said:

Zebastian von Kane said:
Vanversive said:
This guy seems to like to make flame bait topics . Honestly I think they all suck, this generation so far has been horrible in my opinion on all three consoles. None of them have brought anything like the previous generations have. All we get from it is increased online multiplayer (which now can merit a bad score on a review if games do not include it) on consoles, which pc gamers have been privy of for years.

The games are dumbed down. (theres a few gems) the developers continue to nickel and dime by releasing DLC's that in a lot of cases should have already been included on the disc, which also lets developers release a buggy product with an "oops we messed up" patched released two weeks later.

The wii isn't helping anything, unless you are hardcore into mario and link, that or you can live with smash brothers being the only game that gets play time (seriously its all I use my wii for).

Consider me a retro gamer until this gen gets it act together.

Second!

Mr. Kane did you just accuse someone of living in the past?

In fact, I was supporting him. Many great games have arised through this gen. But many games are part of our history as gamers. And publisers still abuse us with this new concept of download content. Just a small percentage of it is worth the bucks.

Just a typing error and I had to justify myself. About blackstar, yes. I accuse him of living in the past.

360 + Wii + Steam

Lone traveler

although im not happy they are ahead of sony its good coz now sony will learn from their mistakes in this gen and kick ms ass in the next!!

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
Around the Network

I am very happy. The Xbox360 is a great consoles, with great games and great online experience. MS really worked hard and did some great things. Halo3 is still fun, VoD is awesome (my format of choice), the games and the 3rd party support is awesome. I did not expect to play Resident Evil, GTA, DMC or Final Fantasy when this generation started, but MS made it happen.

They are using the feedback of the customers to see, what they can improve. Sony wasted 2 years without doing anything. Uncharted or Resistance were okay, but not as great as Gears or Mass Effect.

So MS continued to deliver every day, while Sony just relaxed and bet on the brand name to do the work with using the phrase "just wait untill"

my 2 cent

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Great post DirtyP2002!

I couldn't have said it better.

With my 360, I'm gaming in HD since 2005 with great games every year.
I can't say that about my PS3. 2006... 2007... ouch.
The PS3 really started 3 years later.

Once my PS3 will truly shine... I'll probably be unboxing my Xbox720.

What went wrong Sony?

My Gaming Setup

What a hate filled thread.

"Sony needed to be put back in its place"

Without Sony, you wouldn't have the games you have today, and neither would gaming be so popular... think about it.

Xen said:
What a hate filled thread.

"Sony needed to be put back in its place"

Without Sony, you wouldn't have the games you have today, and neither would gaming be so popular... think about it.

I agree but haters will still hate.

Xbox is still LAST in Japan.

So how it`s ahead? IF only in NA, but that is not big deal.
PS3 FTW! =)

p.s. anyway, i`m not happy, because xbox is holding back PS3 and Nextgen Gaming(multipaltform games) with it`s LIMITED DVD space.
Not to mention graphics, IF Prototype would have the graphics, like InFamous has.. that would be just ultra awesome, BUT we have to deal, with those x360 limits.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far