By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 17 (2009). Little King's Story and Riddick debuts.

alfredofroylan said:
Did the PAL Charts include the Nintendo Stars Catalogue? I'm asking because LKS is Sold Out at the Uk and Spanish catalogue:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/stars_catalogue_5823.html

That's a good question. It was sold out in the german catalogue after a few hours :( but who knows how many they really had in stock... Well maybe I will have some money after wednesday (birthday) to buy it ^^

“And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.” -Terry Pratchett

www.lost-acres.de

Around the Network

Killzone 2 and RE5 are doing great :D And Riddick had a good debute :D Much better then what I was expecting :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I've checked every major store which sells videogames in my city (Netherlands), and Little King's Story was nowhere to be found. Major online retailers like Bol.com and Consoleshop.com also don't sell the game.

Poor Little King never had a chance. I'm expecting less than 3k for the opening week.

No love for Little King's Story? Shame!!!

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
No love for Little King's Story? Shame!!!

Some people can even find a copy of the game. Rising Star has a very strange distribution, the first week of sales their games are almost impossible to find, but after 2-3 weeks you can find them everywhere (well almost)

Around the Network

i love how the game with the most weeks at #1 ever in the UK is who wants to be a millionaire on ps1, i was surprised by that.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ireland

(02) 01 FIFA 09 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(03) 02 WII FIT (NINTENDO)
(01) 03 THE GODFATHER II (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(05) 04 PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE (NINTENDO)
(__) 05 THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK: DARK ATHENA (ATARI)
(04) 06 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES (SEGA)
(09) 07 MONSTERS VS ALIENS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(07) 08 RESIDENT EVIL 5 (CAPCOM)
(08) 09 CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(10) 10 BEN 10: ALIEN FORCE (D3P)
(06) 11 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(12) 12 WII PLAY (NINTENDO)
(19) 13 LEGO INDIANA JONES: ORIGINAL ADVENTURES (LUCASARTS)
(15) 14 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (NINTENDO)
(11) 15 GRAND THEFT AUTO: CHINATOWN WARS (TAKE 2)
(13) 16 MARIO KART WII (NINTENDO)
(17) 17 GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(__) 18 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (TAKE 2)
(__) 19 THE SIMPSONS GAME (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(__) 20 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 (SEGA)

Could GfK start tracking sales in Poland this year? It sounds like it in this article about Killzone 2's Polish sales through Google translate, but maybe one of our Polish members could confirm?

Dodajmy jeszcze do tego wszystkiego, że dotychczas w Polsce żadna firma zajmująca się badaniem rynku, nie wzięła się za sprzedaż software'u. Dopiero w tym roku GFK Polonie będzie ją uwzględniać. Stany Zjednoczone przyzwyczaiły nas do wyników NPD, które i tak nie obejmują coraz większej sprzedaży elektronicznej. Z kolei w Europie, która stanowi zlepek rynków i gdzie jest o wiele trudniej cokolwiek zmierzyć globalnie, jest inny zwyczaj - firmy mniej chętnie dzielą się swoimi wynikami. Mamy bezwartościowy śmietnik w postaci VG Chartz, jakieś tam estymacje Nintendo, Electronic Arts i Activision, które co prawdadają pewien ogląd sytuacji na Starym Kontynencie, ale daleko im do konkretów. Należy też pamiętać, że takie badania, jak w GFK Polonia kosztują, a skoro ich nikt nie robi, to trend się utrzymuje i o wiele prościej jest podawać wyniki z faktur sprzedażowych do sklepów. Wreszcie, czasami sukces trzeba sobie zbudować, a taka prasówka od Sony jest świetnym przykładem takiego postępowania. Tak po prostu działa PR w firmach.

Link

Googling for more details brought up what seems like a position tracking sales in the computer and video game sector was open at GfK Polonia late last year.

PDF

Also late last year SPiDOR the Polish interactive software association was formed, so maybe they've commisioned GfK to track sales in Poland. Hopefully we might get some Polish charts from them at some time in the future.

http://www.spidor.pl/

UK: Wii Top 10

1 1 WII FIT
2 2 MARIO KART WII
4 3 RAYMAN RAVING RABBIDS TV PARTY
3 4 MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES
5 5 GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR
6 6 ANIMAL CROSSING: LET'S GO TO THE CITY
7 7 SONIC AND THE BLACK KNIGHT
9 8 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2009
8 9 THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL
14 10 SHAUN WHITE SNOWBOARDING

....To include LKS.....
10 11 BEN 10: ALIEN FORCE
- 12 LITTLE KING'S STORY

- MadWorld is gone, #20 now, but House of the Dead holds very steady. Sonic a/t Black Knight also very solid.
- Ubisoft seems to have found its evergreens on Wii, both titles are October releases.
- Pro Evo still in the top 10, surprising since it debuted @ #9 in the Wii Top 10.

Koei and NIS America partner for UK distribution

Koei has announced a partnership with NIS America to exclusively distribute the publisher's games in the UK.

According to information released today, Koei will begin distributing NIS America games in the UK starting in late May. So far three titles have been announced: the Gust-developed role-playing game Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of the Metafalica, tactical fighter Cross Edge, and action-adventure title Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

"With Koei expanding its business in Europe and the UK, and NIS seeking to bring its hugely popular titles to a wider UK audience, this distribution deal is the perfect springboard to future success for both companies," said Koei VP of sales and marketing Will Curley.

"As we look to bring our games to a new fan base in the UK, we couldn’t hope for a better partner than Koei," said NIS America's Jack Niida. "Both Nippon Ichi Software and Koei publish games which have attracted loyal followers and are considered leaders in their field, so this is a very natural partnership for us."

Koei has had a good start in 2009, recording record quarter results for the period ending December 31 and a successful merger with Japanese publisher Tecmo.

Link