By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (4/23) - MHG Wii, Killzone 2, Disaster Report 3

mrstickball said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
It's like I stepped into a warzone. So I'm going to hit a few points while I'm here:

- I'm impressed by MHG numbers, I had lower expectations after reading Source's predictions for 100k first week. It almost did 100k first day. Monster Hunter generally has legs too, and with the MH3 demo being the main selling point, the more Capcom hypes MH3 to its eventual release, the more people may buy MHG to sample MH3 before the real deal comes along.

- Bayonetta will not have great numbers in Japan. I just don't see it getting close to DMC4, and that game's numbers weren't that great in the first place.

- The 2nd half of 2009 line up argument: I think the Wii beats the PS3 here, especially with variety and originality.

Monster Hunter games on consoles do not have legs. MH2 on PS2 debuted at 368,000 as per Famitsu, and managed 576,000 LTD. Not really great legs. Of course, the PSP games have had phenominal legs.

Well i really believe that Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii could have some legs when released. After such long lacklusture period for software in Japan the more core oriented userbase is craving for new titles (especially the big ones) also those that havent yet converted to the Wii will look at this title because of the size of the franchise in Japan. Who knows maybe Monster Hunter 3 can be really big in Japan? (not as big as PSP , but much bigger then PS2) MHG sales are really encouraging

Around the Network
Dazkarieh said:
Louis277 said:

The main reason of MHG sold great is because of this

Monster Hunter classic controller which is come with special package !

LOLOL

That's the SE. Wtach the sales of the other version ;)

People are buying MHG because of they want MH3 demo and the special edition classic controller.

Those 27,000 who chose the regular version on day 1, because they already have this

or are waiting for this

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

If you got almost 100,000 people in one day to pay $50 for a demo and a painted Classic Controller ... that probably bodes pretty well for actual real-deal Monster Hunter 3. 

What the over under on Capcom now also porting Monster Hunter 2 with Classic Controller Pro, lol. 

Maynard_Tool said:
TheSource said:

Monster Hunter G Wii is probably going to outperform the opening week of Monster Hunter (119K) and Monster Hunter G (128k week one) on PS2.

The PS2 base was 18m units when Monster Hunter G came out, the Wii base is 8m units when it came. For a four year old port on a base thats 4/9 the PS2 size its a very solid result.

nuff said xD

What's the point of comparing MHG on PS2 and Wii?  MH franchise wasn't even considered phenomenal when MHG was released on PS2.  Not to mention it wasn't sold at a discount price and bundled with a demo (and a special edition controller).

Soundwave said:

If you got almost 100,000 people in one day to pay $50 for a demo and a painted Classic Controller ... that probably bodes pretty well for actual real-deal Monster Hunter 3. 

What the over under on Capcom now also porting Monster Hunter 2 with Classic Controller Pro, lol. 

They're saving that for Monster Hunter 4. Then they can sell it with a MH4 demo too.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

MH3 is a real deal!

How many people will buy this just for MHG, considering MH2G (much better game) on PSP is still selling very well and over 3 million copies are sold by far?  Don't forget Capcom and Nintendo charge people playing MHG on Wii.

wenlan said:
Maynard_Tool said:
TheSource said:

Monster Hunter G Wii is probably going to outperform the opening week of Monster Hunter (119K) and Monster Hunter G (128k week one) on PS2.

The PS2 base was 18m units when Monster Hunter G came out, the Wii base is 8m units when it came. For a four year old port on a base thats 4/9 the PS2 size its a very solid result.

nuff said xD

What's the point of comparing MHG on PS2 and Wii?  MH franchise wasn't even considered phenomenal when MHG was released on PS2.  Not to mention it wasn't sold at a discount price and bundled with a demo (and a special edition controller).

>_> I said..... nuff said!!!!!! <_<

(for the same reason... what's the point of comparing a Handheld game to a console game)

Kinda underwhelming Killzone 2 sales :(

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

wenlan said:
Soundwave said:

MH3 is a real deal!

How many people will buy this just for MHG, considering MH2G (much better game) on PSP is still selling very well and over 3 million copies are sold by far?  Don't forget Capcom and Nintendo charge people playing MHG on Wii.

Odds are, Capcom will bring in more than $10 million after 3 weeks of (a port) MHG's release, and people have to pay to play.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wow Deathsmiles did well

This is great news, SHMUP sales finding great consistency, hopefully more and more niche games make their way. The 360 has gone toe to toe with the PS3 and it hasnt paid off all that much, but this could give it a new audience