By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (4/23) - MHG Wii, Killzone 2, Disaster Report 3

Port or not, these are MASSIVE 1st. day numbers for a Wii game in Japan. Remember Wii games usually sell well over time. Not 1st. day. As hardcore players supposedly are the ones who rush out and buy 1st day then can we assume quite a few bought a Wii with it, as the Wii is not supposedly a "hardcore" console? So a decent hardware boost next week then?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
Soundwave said:
Skittles said:
Soriku said:
Wait, nvm, I thought Hero time said 300k first week not LTD.

In that case End of Eternity will. ToV could. Bayonetta probably not since Platinum Games/Clover aren't that popular...

DMC 1 sold 650k though.

That might as well have been a lifetime ago with how much the Japanese market has changed from then to now. 

True. Plus they don't seem to have the "Clover curse" X_X

Also, GT5 can pull off 1 mil in Japan. GT5P sold 670k...

It was 200k or 300k before bundling, I can't really remember.

It sold 300k before bundling. However, many also picked up the game because they released "The Best" version of GT5P at a budget price. So, while the bundles helped, many bought just the game.

exactly....i hate when ppl say it was bundled.....i mean yes it was bundled but not to the extent that they make it seem..they speak of it as if the game is still bundled over there in japan....

all bundles are sold out and the game is still selling good on a weekly basis in japan

the game was around 384,000 before being bundled....

there wasnt even around 200k bundles of GT5 P for the second half of the year in japan

this "GT5 P bundled as fck" thing that ppl post gets me very aggravated

MH is all about legs hehe

Currently Playing: Devil Survivor 2 (NDS)

BKK2 said:
[WII] Monster Hunter G (Capcom) - SP 65,000 (60%) / SE 27,000 (30%)

Wonder if there will be any restocking of the 'special edition', or if that is it.

Also wierd to think, that after this week there will be an extra 100,000 'classic controllers' out in the Wii user market. That is a lot of controllers for a few days!

C'mon Nintendo - why not put some Wii bundles out in Japan? A Wii/MH bundle would have rocked.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

BengaBenga said:
MGS4COD4HALO3 said:
Capcom should know already that third party games doesn't do well on the wii. They should port it over to the psp and try to make some money.

Pssst: It's already on PSP...

Capcom made some $2 million net revenue in a single day on a PS2 game that's also been released on PSP. If you have better ideas of making money I like to hear them.

Oh and btw: you better stop trolling or your stay on VGC will be a short one.

Dude that is exactly what I was saying.  If they port it over to the PSP then they would be making way more money since most of the MH fans are on the PSP.  Also how was I trolling.  If you look at all the third party games for the wii, then you know that they are not even on par (sales wise) with the first party.  I was just being logic here and I am sorry if I piss you off.

Around the Network

I didn't know that.  I thought it was the new MH game that was exclusively for the wii.

very disappointing numbers coming from mhg
i really guess MH series will only succeed on the handheld(s)

With all the talk about the home console death in Japan i belive that to be true not yet but soon.

Well ultimaptely the console and handheld industry will become one where the hardware is good enough to have it portable like a DS but also plugs in to a tv screen too, along with having the option for wireless controllers and what not. No next gen but most likely the gen after that.

"Like you know"

Soriku said:
shams said:

BKK2 said:
[WII] Monster Hunter G (Capcom) - SP 65,000 (60%) / SE 27,000 (30%)

Wonder if there will be any restocking of the 'special edition', or if that is it.

Also wierd to think, that after this week there will be an extra 100,000 'classic controllers' out in the Wii user market. That is a lot of controllers for a few days!

C'mon Nintendo - why not put some Wii bundles out in Japan? A Wii/MH bundle would have rocked.

I'm personally hoping they put out a MH3 bundle (core) and Wii Sports Resort bundle (casual). Appeals to all people that way. Plus they can get out MotionPlus more. It would help Japan A LOT.

What? No Tales of Graces bundle? Even Symphonia got a cube bundle.

Soriku how dare you.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

monster hunter NOT HUGE

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane