By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer Import Review: Demon's Souls 9/10

Yeah all popular things get a lot of hate or dislike.

Around the Network

Excellent review.

This positive word is making me think that a localization is inevitable, and its making me wish I had waited to get the game. If I had pre-ordered and bought the game at my store, we would've gotten a larger shipment of the game that I could push on people.

Welp, my import copy should be arriving soon.

Zlejedi said:

Edit: And any redaction which belives Oblivion is 10/10 while VC is 8/10 has no credibility to judge RPGs for me.

Argh. Stop pretending that each review a certain site gives out are all cross comparable like that. Demon's Souls, VC and Oblivion were each reviewed by different people who have different tastes, likes, and dislikes. The only thing they have in common is that they are all on eurogamer and are rpgs. Read the review and determine if your tastes align with those of the reviewer.

@mm: maybe. still, getting stellear reviews doesnt change the fact that this is a very niche game with limited appeal. i'm skeptical but i'd be glad to see it hit our shores so more people would be able to play it, but fear many western reviewers wouldn't get it and unfairly slam it accordingly.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

im getting this deffo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Holy... fucking... shit...

This game sounds so brutal and frightening that I want it!

Around the Network

9/10 is an incredible score.

PS3 exclusives in 2009 have been incredible; flower, Killzone 2, MLB 09: The Show, Yakuza 3 and now this...

wow....a 9? From Eurogamer? Hell just froze over. I thought this game along with Ninja Blade were just going to mutually suck, seeing as FromSoftware are just trying to make a quick cash-in. Guess that was only a one way street ;)

PS3 is a home of best jRPG games this gen. =)
Great!
PS3 FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I had a feeling this might be something special after hearing the response from Japanese gamers and seeing its unusual legs (a result of positive word of mouth?).

Sleeper hit of the year? I'm interested now.

Hyams said:
Has anyone else reviewed it yet?

It'd be kind of funny if Demon's Souls ends up getting better scores than Ninja Blade, given that initially everyone was very sceptical of DS but hopeful for NB.

There are some other reviews already, and they average for better than Ninja Blade (which, honestly, is a great game ).