By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical August 2007 NPD Thread (data to be released 6:30pm 9/13/2007)

Dolla Dolla said:

SDF to the rescue!

I lol'd

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

The Canadian numbers usually show significant Nintendo preference. Expect Nintendo's lead to be even bigger percentage wise in Canada.

Great numbers for Nintendo of course. Add in Canada and the Wii should still be outselling the HD systems combined. MP3 doing fairly well, though below my expectations admittedly. It's selling twice as fast with half the userbase of MP2 so it should do very well.

Good numbers for MS. A 60% increase is nothing to sneeze at but can't ignore that despite a price cut, two mega games, and its biggest game on the horizon, the 360 is still struggling to surpass the Wii's worst selling months.

Pretty bad numbers for Sony. The PS3's sales are indeed dipping a few weeks after the price cut as expected (from 50k+ to 30k+). Lair and Warhawk don't appear to be heading for Bioshock/MP3 sales. The point of no return from Gamecube-dom for the PS3 is rapidly approaching.

Madden is doing much worse on the Wii than I expected but then I thought EA was going to bother spending money on it's Wii games seeing how well their quick launch efforts did. I was wrong on both accounts it seems.

Dolla Dolla said:

SDF to the rescue!

Hahahahaha funny stuff.

Bad Wii, you didn't manage to outsell the X360 and PS3 combined. You suck at life!

On a more serious note, great news for Nintendo, tho I expect a bit more for MP3, but is good anyway.

And I'm happy that PS2 sales die a bit.

HappySqurriel said:
ckmlb said:
360 doing really well since price drop.

Bioshock killing Metroid Prime.

All hardware went down except 360.

Big PS3 and PSP drops.

Madden PS3 did really well considering.

VG Chartz numbers for PS3 off again significantly.

With these numbers, going back to 600 dollars after the 60 gb run out will be suicide for Sony and back to the levels pre price drop and lower.

I wouldn't say Killing because MP3 was out for 4 days compared to 2 weeks for Bioshock

QTF.

Lets wait till next NPD, and see how MP3 & Bioshock compare. That should be a good battle!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I think Bioshock will sell significantly more, but that does not mean MP3 sales are poor. Both these games are going to get slaughtered by Halo 3 anyways.

Is it just me or is there a 100 k differance betweeen VG 360 and NPD 360..........

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

just you. both were about 270k

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

@fazz

Your happy ps2 sales died a bit wth?

mM
leo-j said:
@fazz

Your happy ps2 sales died a bit wth?

I believe it's in reference to past-gen sales. In order for current gen to flourish, the older consoles must fade to black.