By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Japan Media Conference Liveblog Tonight 10PM PST

pbroy said:
y0ungK!d said:
pbroy said:
y0ungK!d said:
pbroy said:
outlawauron said:
pbroy said:
I need to go to work in 3 hours. ¬_¬

You go to work at 5 AM?

Leave for work at 5:30

ur a nurse?

I wish. My friend is a nurse and he's around hot chicks all day. He's the only guy nurse at his work.

I'm an Electrician.

You wish? Electricians make much more. And an Enginnering degree is better, imo.

That's true...

Ohh yeah... outlawauron is a girl, a pretty hot one too. ~_n

bye

I'll take it.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
y0ungK!d said:
pbroy said:
y0ungK!d said:
pbroy said:
outlawauron said:
pbroy said:

You go to work at 5 AM?

ur a nurse?

I wish. My friend is a nurse and he's around hot chicks all day. He's the only guy nurse at his work.

I'm an Electrician.

You wish? Electricians make much more. And an Enginnering degree is better, imo.

Eh, not really.  I was an electrician for awhile, and unless they own their own business, the most they'll probably be making is ~$40 an hour, and that's after years of being in the business.   Yeah you can pull in some big bucks... provided you work well over 40 hours a week.  And you have to start small, making $8-10 as an apprentice (though raises come fairly quickly when you start).

Nurses, however, can start upwards of 40k.

It can vary, but my cousin made 80k out the gate starting pay as an Egineer. And one of my friends who's a nurse earns 50k a year 5 years in.

y0ungK!d said:
makingmusic476 said:
y0ungK!d said:
pbroy said:
y0ungK!d said:
pbroy said:
outlawauron said:
pbroy said:

You go to work at 5 AM?

ur a nurse?

I'm an Electrician.

Eh, not really.  I was an electrician for awhile, and unless they own their own business, the most they'll probably be making is ~$40 an hour, and that's after years of being in the business.   Yeah you can pull in some big bucks... provided you work well over 40 hours a week.  And you have to start small, making $8-10 as an apprentice (though raises come fairly quickly when you start).

Nurses, however, can start upwards of 40k.

It can vary, but my cousin made 80k out the gate starting pay as an Egineer. And one of my friends who's a nurse earns 50k a year 5 years in.

And Engineer, yeah.  An Electrician however...

No great announcements.

I think Mistwalker at this point has received the same fate as other MS 1st/2nd party devs and publishers with MS. Ensemble and Mistwalker were probably my favorite two devs under the MS banner. MistWalker is probably solidly with Nintendo now.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
I think Mistwalker at this point has received the same fate as other MS 1st/2nd party devs and publishers with MS. Ensemble and Mistwalker were probably my favorite two devs under the MS banner. MistWalker is probably solidly with Nintendo now.

I personally think Microsoft sees little need to keep Mistwalker around. They formed their relationship with Mistwalker specifically to give the 360 an advantage in Japan, but they didn't really do much.  Square Enix and Namco have come along to pick up the slack, and Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean 4 have done far more for the 360 in Japan than either of Mistwalker's titles.

I think we might see a Lost Odyssey 2 at TGS, but if we don't, I'd consider their relationship to be over for the time being.

What the blue fuck? A King of Fighters overhead shooter? Did I read that right?

That is so insane, it's awesome. That plus a new Samurai Shodown is much better than I'd hoped for. SNK <3 <3 <3

Good to get confirmations on the rumored stuff as well... Yosumin, Bubble Bobble, Garou(!!!), etc.

makingmusic476 said:
FinalEvangelion said:

I personally think Microsoft sees little need to keep Mistwalker around. They formed their relationship with Mistwalker specifically to give the 360 an advantage in Japan, but they didn't really do much.  Square Enix and Namco have come along to pick up the slack, and Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean 4 have done far more for the 360 in Japan than either of Mistwalker's titles.

I think we might see a Lost Odyssey 2 at TGS, but if we don't, I'd consider their relationship to be over for the time being.

That's the way I feel too.  I'm really hoping Cry On comes to form some day.  Maybe Sakaguchi will forgive Sony that Kutaragi is not part of it, or they will make it for a Nintendo console.  The premise around it sounded so awsome.

If there is nothing from MS by TGS for the jRPG genre in Japan, then I'm expecting them to not be trying so much anymore.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

makingmusic476 said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Normally I'd disagree with that notion but Mistwalker has been eerily quiet as of late. Then I read this thing from Game Republic...

SK: What happened with the other Xbox 360 title? Will it ever be resurrected?

YO: The other title is gone for good. In the beginning, Microsoft was funding it, so we developed it up to a point and showed it to them. They said they didn't really like it that much. After that, we continued to develop the game with our own money for nine more months, thinking that they'd come around, but when we showed it to Microsoft again, they said they didn't need titles for the Japanese market any more. That's why the game ultimately got canceled.

Mistwalker might be getting the boot!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
makingmusic476 said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Normally I'd disagree with that notion but Mistwalker has been eerily quiet as of late. Then I read this thing from Game Republic...

SK: What happened with the other Xbox 360 title? Will it ever be resurrected?

YO: The other title is gone for good. In the beginning, Microsoft was funding it, so we developed it up to a point and showed it to them. They said they didn't really like it that much. After that, we continued to develop the game with our own money for nine more months, thinking that they'd come around, but when we showed it to Microsoft again, they said they didn't need titles for the Japanese market any more. That's why the game ultimately got canceled.

Mistwalker might be getting the boot!

That's pretty old news, though. The interview is from last year, and I remember hearing that Microsoft killed that game even before that. It was probably just a nice way of telling them that they thought Everyparty was crap, and so was this new game.