By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 Sales Clarification? SCEA proves "Others" numbers are wrong

blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

Sony Computer Entertainment America.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

DING DING DING!!!

"Sony Computer Entertainment America"

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The quote is 1m worldwide, and if it was a mistake you would have thought it would have been corrected by now

Euphoria14 said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

DING DING DING!!!

isnt it Sony Computer Entertainment of America?

Edit: hmm google sayn no....  bastards >_<

blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

Sony Computer Entertainment America

I honestly don't know what gebx has against the PS3 and Sony... Everytime he comes out of the 'woodwork' it is to post negative news about the PS3 and/or Sony... It is pretty sad really!

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
City17 said:
938933 Warzone players say hi! :)

There are multiple accounts per PS3/copy of game...not to mention rentals. That proves nothing.

Why don't videogames keep open doors on sales like box office movies? It would be nice to know the exact sales for each game,...even if it bombs or is a hit.

Well Gears of War 2 has been played by 2.7m people online, which is just under half its sales, I find it hard to believe that 90% of Killzone 2 owners have played the game online, there are only 17m (maybe 19m) PS3 accounts to over 22m sales, so that percentage does seem off

I think it depends form game to game. I mean gears 2 online is not really the major draw. Halo 3 would be a better example...However I wasn't able to find a total number of halo 3 players online.

This is the best I could do... http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/sidebar/909182374/26848073/154-million-halo-3-players-kill-10-billion-covenant.html

What?! What do people play it for then? The 5 hour campaign with a terrible story?

Believe it or not...yes. Don't look at me for the explanation why...

outlawauron said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

Sony Computer Entertainment America.

outlawauron said:
disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
City17 said:
938933 Warzone players say hi! :)

There are multiple accounts per PS3/copy of game...not to mention rentals. That proves nothing.

Why don't videogames keep open doors on sales like box office movies? It would be nice to know the exact sales for each game,...even if it bombs or is a hit.

Well Gears of War 2 has been played by 2.7m people online, which is just under half its sales, I find it hard to believe that 90% of Killzone 2 owners have played the game online, there are only 17m (maybe 19m) PS3 accounts to over 22m sales, so that percentage does seem off

I think it depends form game to game. I mean gears 2 online is not really the major draw. Halo 3 would be a better example...However I wasn't able to find a total number of halo 3 players online.

This is the best I could do... http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/sidebar/909182374/26848073/154-million-halo-3-players-kill-10-billion-covenant.html

What?! What do people play it for then? The 5 hour campaign with a terrible story?

I sure as hell did!

antfromtashkent said:
Euphoria14 said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

DING DING DING!!!

isnt it Sony Computer Entertainment of America?

Yes it is.

@Munkeh111

You are right, it does say 1M Worldwide. O.o

When is this dated from though? Is it from launch until April 16th?

Yeah, I would say we need some word from Brett.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Squall_Leonhart said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

Sony Computer Entertainment America

I honestly don't know what gebx has against the PS3 and Sony... Everytime he comes out of the 'woodwork' it is to post negative news about the PS3 and/or Sony... It is pretty sad really!

But am I wrong?

And Squall.. when was the last time you created a thread about positive 360 news? Same with all those complaining about my posts.. when have any of you created a thread about positive news on the 360.

Stop being hypocrites, go spam somewhere else.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)