By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 Sales Clarification? SCEA proves "Others" numbers are wrong

damndl0ser said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

Sony Computer Entertainment America

I honestly don't know what gebx has against the PS3 and Sony... Everytime he comes out of the 'woodwork' it is to post negative news about the PS3 and/or Sony... It is pretty sad really!

Well, to be honest I could name atleast half a dozen (probably closer to a  dozen) Sony Fanboys who do the exact same thing to the 360.  I guess he is just trying to keep things evened out a bit.  

O rly?  go fer it i would luv to hear that ... but go ahead and message me i dont want to derail the topic :)

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
1.4 million is > 1 million last I recalled... I mean, it's been a while since high-school, but I do recall that.

Let me do some research and I'll get back to you on that one :d

whatever makes you happy Gebx. what if everyone was wrong and it actually sold 250K?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

papflesje said:
gebx said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

I honestly don't know what gebx has against the PS3 and Sony... Everytime he comes out of the 'woodwork' it is to post negative news about the PS3 and/or Sony... It is pretty sad really!

But am I wrong?

And Squall.. when was the last time you created a thread about positive 360 news? Same with all those complaining about my posts.. when have any of you created a thread about positive news on the 360.

Stop being hypocrites, go spam somewhere else.

I don't post news about any console, and react negatively to the things I dislike about Sony in the same way I react positively to the things I like about the 360. So you can stop calling me a hypocrite, thank you very much. Again: it's not whether you are right or wrong, just that you show your bias. Nothing wrong with posting news about a certain console, unless you merely do it to damage its perception. Because that's basically why you post it.

*rises out of seat and claps*

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

gebx said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

But am I wrong?

And Squall.. when was the last time you created a thread about positive 360 news? Same with all those complaining about my posts.. when have any of you created a thread about positive news on the 360.

There is a difference between not posting positive things about the 360 and you taking every oppurtunity to post negative things about the PS3.  One is being biased yet polite, the other is what you do.

OT: Trying to do this kind of analysis based on what we think "greater than one million" means is silly, basing everything off the conjecture of what that means makes the entire analysis circumspect.

Around the Network

Gebx posting biased news of the ps3 again. Things really never change.

papflesje said:
gebx said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

But am I wrong?

I don't post news about any console, and react negatively to the things I dislike about Sony in the same way I react positively to the things I like about the 360. So you can stop calling me a hypocrite, thank you very much. Again: it's not whether you are right or wrong, just that you show your bias. Nothing wrong with posting news about a certain console, unless you merely do it to damage its perception. Because that's basically why you post it.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.. your repeating what I stated in my opening thread!! - "I'm a 360 fanboy, I know it, but that doesn't make these numbers and/or statements above wrong" I've declared from the get go.. I'm not hiding anything.

You say I'm damaging "it's perception"and your partially correct. The perception is that Killzone 2 did better than what it truly did. If you want to stay blind when sales numbers don't match than by all means stay out of this thread. The numbers looked off, I did research and posted my thoughts.

And I say this even after replying to WiiStaton360's mention of bundles. It could be the reason for the discrep and both SCEA and VGC could be right.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I believe SCEA was saying the 1 million sold remake in accordance to the amount sold to retailers in America.

At least thats what makes the most sense to me.

Torillian said:
gebx said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

But am I wrong?

There is a difference between not posting positive things about the 360 and you taking every oppurtunity to post negative things about the PS3.  One is being biased yet polite, the other is what you do.

OT: Trying to do this kind of analysis based on what we think "greater than one million" means is silly, basing everything off the conjecture of what that means makes the entire analysis circumspect.

Are you saying my OP isn't polite? If you could pinpoint the threads/words in question, I'll edit my original posts.

And I'll try to keep my replies to off-topic responses a bit more civilized.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
papflesje said:
gebx said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

But am I wrong?

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.. your repeating what I stated in my opening thread!! - "I'm a 360 fanboy, I know it, but that doesn't make these numbers and/or statements above wrong" I've declared from the get go.. I'm not hiding anything.

You say I'm damaging "it's perception"and your partially correct. The perception is that Killzone 2 did better than what it truly did. If you want to stay blind when sales numbers don't match than by all means stay out of this thread. The numbers looked off, I did research and posted my thoughts.

And I say this even after replying to WiiStaton360's mention of bundles. It could be the reason for the discrep and both SCEA and VGC could be right.

So u could be wrong.......right?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)