By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Damning Truth: The percentage of LTD sales sold in the first week

@Slimebeast: That 11% is higher than what it would be if you include Wii Sports an Wii Play. I didn't include them but if I did it would probably go down to 10%, maybe 9.5%..

Around the Network

Oh you didnt. Good.

Wii games (at least the million sellers) just have superb legs then.

While HD games are more frontloaded.

And the super hyped big games are the most frontloaded I would guess (Halo, MGS, GTA etc).

DKII said:
Legend: Just because you don't like the conclusion, you shouldn't just come in here criticizing the site with absolutely zero basis. This is an average so unless you are trying to claim that there's some systemic bias in our data that overestimates Wii games and underestimates 360/PS3 games in the long term (in which case how about showing some evidence instead of making unsubstantiated accusations) then the conclusion drawn here is mostly valid - in general, Wii games have double the legs of 360/PS3 games.

I look at the adjustments being made and I feel they give a basis to conclude that the long term numbers may not be accurate enough to draw any real conclusions from, at least nothing like this thread is claiming.  We do see games that have legs in the top 10 or 40 but for the most part other than very few games like Wii brand and other Nintendo titles, along with Mario & Sonic and a few casual games, we have nothing to show that the majority of games follow the same trend. 

Feel free to shoot the messenger but I want ask you how do you know that they are accurate enough that you criticize the point I'm trying to make?  I mean we see discrepancies with top 10 (and others not in the top 10) every month but somehow the numbers get accurate after the games leave the charts?  You know where the amount off becomes even more important when we're talking about even smaller quantities.  Fifty thousand or even hundreds of thousands off on a game just launched might not be a big deal but even 2 or 3 thousand off on a weekly basis on an older game can make a dramatic difference.

Wii play should count its not bundled?

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Wii's got leeeeeeeegs, and Wii knows how to use 'em.

I can't believe you did all that with a 56K/s connection. I applaud your dedication.

Around the Network

btw remove MK, SMG, wii fit, and SSBB, and its quite an interesting statistic... i'm too lazy to calculate :P

Thats awesome work!

It serves to prove what most people already know, never judge ANY game by its debut.

Truly impressive! What triggered you into doing this?

Some people wondered what it would be if you removed MK, SMG, Wii Fit and SSBB. I'll attempt to do that (but I may mess up). Hope you don't feel I'm stealing your thread or doing anything against what you want Puffy.

MeanAmountSold

Wii - 141.27/48 = 2.94 Million

Without the titles -  90.78/44 = 2.06 Million

Total1stWeek

Wii - 15.7 Million (15,670,923)

Without the 4 titles -  7.8M (7,794,000)

AveWeek1

Wii - 15.7 Million/48 = 327k

Without the 4 titles - 7.8 Million/44 =  177K

Average of a million seller: 2.94M

Without the 4 titles: 2.06M

Ave1stWeek -> 1MillionLifetime

Wii - 111,224

Without the 4 titles -  85,922

he % of the MeanAmountSold in the first week of sales is:

Wii - 11.12%

Without the 4 titles - 8.59%

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

^^thanks

@puffy Good work my man, inaccurate as it may be, but elegant presentation and interesting finds.