By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Breaking the bank" + "MS moneyhat" = Another PS3 exclusive gone?

NJ5 said:

I thought "breaking the bank" was an idiomatic expression to say they're going to have a lot of news.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the conference in Japan was something about FFXIII or Versus.

Sweet, someone else who wants to get into the semantics of what MS actually meant.

I assumed MS was using the phrase to mean they are going to cause someone(s) to withdraw a lot of money from the bank, hence breaking it.

Then we have to clarify if it is MS that is spending a lot of money, either buying a new studio or moneyhatting

Or if it is the public spending a lot of money, which probably just means they have a lot of games/features like netflix to announce

Around the Network

No doubt it is Vs :/ I don't trust the word of SE anymore or Konami for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if bloody Tekken was MS Exclusive. Who knows what MS is capable of - the bloody thieving scheming Barstools!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Guys, MS is showing HW and 2010 titles. Break the bank means the show itself will be massive in content, not a bought exclusive or studio. Like what you say? ZuneHD will have a little more functionality than first thought ;) X360 will slim into Valhalla. In games, their 2009 exclusive releases are as weak as piss, butthe 2010 library is turning 2007-esque.

microsoft bought EA

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

They bought Quantom Theory and Ninga Gaiden Sigma 2 [ROFL]!!!!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
No doubt it is Vs :/ I don't trust the word of SE anymore or Namco for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if bloody Tekken was MS Exclusive. Who knows what MS is capable of - the bloody thieving scheming Barstools!

Namco makes Tekken not Konami

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I don't think MS will make their big news a multi-platform game, they are fine on that front. This E3 will focus on experiences only available on the 360 whether it be online, software or hardware.

They bought Gran Turismo amd Mario.

4 ≈ One

RPG said:

Think about it, MS said they were going to break the bank at E3 and lately Sony said MS moneyhat because they are insecure about the first party. I would think iy was pretty obvious what has happened, MS took a PS3 exclusive and Sony were notified not so long ago.

With that said what do you think it is? There are only two I can think of, FFXIII Versus and MGS4. Could be MGS5 but not sure why Sony would attack MS there as the game was never announced exclusive....or simply announced.

....maybe even MS have purchased a new studio, that is what would "break the bank"

Wait, "Break the bank" literally means spend a TON of money?  I thought it meant an extra large booth.  Go figure.

richardhutnik said:
RPG said:

Think about it, MS said they were going to break the bank at E3 and lately Sony said MS moneyhat because they are insecure about the first party. I would think iy was pretty obvious what has happened, MS took a PS3 exclusive and Sony were notified not so long ago.

With that said what do you think it is? There are only two I can think of, FFXIII Versus and MGS4. Could be MGS5 but not sure why Sony would attack MS there as the game was never announced exclusive....or simply announced.

....maybe even MS have purchased a new studio, that is what would "break the bank"

Wait, "Break the bank" literally means spend a TON of money?  I thought it meant an extra large booth.  Go figure.

To "break the bank" can mean any number of things. In the context it was used my Major Nelson, he was referring to talking about 2009 AND 2010 games instead of just 2009 games like they normally do at E3.

For better or for worse, it would seem that Microsoft is taking a page from Sony and Nintendo at this year's conference.