By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Breaking the bank" + "MS moneyhat" = Another PS3 exclusive gone?

Great now you made me all anxious for E3 to come so all can be revealed for all consoles..wahhhhhhh ='(

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
nojustno said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
They are starting to look a tad pathetic!

right, so you'd rather have them spending nothing..

No he's right it is pathetic, rather than "stealing" exclusives and buying people out, why not make some games of their own?

i bought a 360 to have games such as mass effect and alan wake, at E3 i want to hear of new games i can also get for xbox i dont want to hear that they've bought someone else exclusive, they could use that money to make a game

Cool story bro, but most people only care about playing the damn games. MS provides them.

And if you're referring to FFXIII, it wasnt bought. It has a sky high budget so it simply had to go multiplat.

FFvsXIII expecting that very much. I got my anti-SE Falcon Punch armor.

Kantor said:
Haze port?

I don't think even Square Enix would stoop so low as to say "PS3 only WW" and then say "Actually 360 too". The 360 may well get an exclusive FF13 game (Versus PS3 exclusive, Agito PSP exclusive, maybe one each for 360 and Wii? Or 360 and DS, or Wii and DS).

As for MGS5...it really depends. That could go to 360. Kojima didn't refuse to make a 360 version of MGS4 because he loves Sony, he did it because he'd already optimised the game for one console, and it would be too much work for too little gain to make a 360 version. He said he didn't know if MGS5 would be multiplat or not...I think, with the pressure from Konami, he'll make a 360 version. It may be timed exclusive. One thing for certain is that MGS4 IS NOT COMING TO THE 360. IN ANY FORM.

It's too late to announce MGS4. It would be a year old, by E3, and would have just about as much effect as announcing now that Mass Effect was coming to the PS3... "Okay..."

It's too late to announce MGS4. It would be a year old, by E3, and would have just about as much effect as announcing now that Mass Effect was coming to the PS3... "Okay..."

Ok....If this game is not worth Playing a year Later on a different system with a larger install base (In america) that has never played the game (Generally speaking) then what the hell are you Sony people braging about some much when it comes to this game....

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Kantor said:
Haze port?

I don't think even Square Enix would stoop so low as to say "PS3 only WW" and then say "Actually 360 too". The 360 may well get an exclusive FF13 game (Versus PS3 exclusive, Agito PSP exclusive, maybe one each for 360 and Wii? Or 360 and DS, or Wii and DS).

As for MGS5...it really depends. That could go to 360. Kojima didn't refuse to make a 360 version of MGS4 because he loves Sony, he did it because he'd already optimised the game for one console, and it would be too much work for too little gain to make a 360 version. He said he didn't know if MGS5 would be multiplat or not...I think, with the pressure from Konami, he'll make a 360 version. It may be timed exclusive. One thing for certain is that MGS4 IS NOT COMING TO THE 360. IN ANY FORM.

Ok....If this game is not worth Playing a year Later on a different system with a larger install base (In america) that has never played the game (Generally speaking) then what the hell are you Sony people braging about some much when it comes to this game....

It's not that it's not worth playing, it's that it's not worth developing or publishing. Developing a 360 port for MGS4 wouldn't just be copying code, breaking it apart, and putting it on 5 DVDs, they'd essentially need to completely redesign the archetecture of the game. And what would Konami get for all these efforts? Maybe half a million sales if they're lucky. It's not worth it.

Around the Network
RPG said:

Think about it, MS said they were going to break the bank at E3 and lately Sony said MS moneyhat because they are insecure about the first party. I would think iy was pretty obvious what has happened, MS took a PS3 exclusive and Sony were notified not so long ago.

With that said what do you think it is? There are only two I can think of, FFXIII Versus and MGS4. Could be MGS5 but not sure why Sony would attack MS there as the game was never announced exclusive....or simply announced.

....maybe even MS have purchased a new studio, that is what would "break the bank"

Great, I wasn't expecting anything interesting from MS this year.

Microsoft Japan Media Conference Liveblog Tonight 10PM PST

Possible big announcements for the 360 lineup in 2009 and beyond.

By 1UP Staff, 04/20/2009 at 10:07

Microsoft's "360 Title Preview: Spring 2009" will happen tonight at 10PM PST, and we'll liveblog the entire event straight from Japan. The company isn't providing specific details, but expect to hear about more about games coming up this summer and beyond. Check this story tonight for full coverage of the event.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jo21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Leonidus said:

If Kojima has anything to do with it, MGS wont be 'the game' that goes to the 360. Final Fantasy - I couldn't care less.

Im in such a blessed position as all the exclusives I really care about are owned/made etc by Sony.

' Sony doesn't make titles. They are lucky they were able to acquire devs that have similar styles that have what we've come to know as "Sony style". If Sony made titles, a good portion of them would probably flop.

i hope you are being sarcastic because then whats microsoft? they aren't even a hardware company also bungie and epic are both third party.

Microsoft Game Studios has actually created games with the likes of ACES since the 90's or maybe even earlier. They also developed the newer joysticks and gamepads as gamepads evolved to improve gaming on PC's. Sony never gave a damn about videogames until Kutaragi talked them into it (Which almost cost him his job). Microsoft does make hardware, you should see the computer they are developing. It looks promising. I know that Bungie isn't first party, but they were and Microsoft owned their IP (Hence why they are still joined at the hip); Epic on the other hand was third party. Microsoft Game Studios was created in 2002. Do not question Microsoft's intentions in gaming, because they've been in it far longer than Sony. Their job now is to figure out what console-gaming fans like as opposed to PC gaming fans. The biggest threat to Sony is Microsoft finally understanding the rhythm of how the console world works. They already beat Sony at their own game in moneyhatting (Which Sony cannot fight back, because they know they cant).

wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! Sony use to develop/publish games for the SNES

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st