By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Breaking the bank" + "MS moneyhat" = Another PS3 exclusive gone?

Think about it, MS said they were going to break the bank at E3 and lately Sony said MS moneyhat because they are insecure about the first party. I would think iy was pretty obvious what has happened, MS took a PS3 exclusive and Sony were notified not so long ago.

With that said what do you think it is? There are only two I can think of, FFXIII Versus and MGS4. Could be MGS5 but not sure why Sony would attack MS there as the game was never announced exclusive....or simply announced.

....maybe even MS have purchased a new studio, that is what would "break the bank"

Around the Network

If Kojima has anything to do with it, MGS wont be 'the game' that goes to the 360. Final Fantasy - I couldn't care less.

Im in such a blessed position as all the exclusives I really care about are owned/made etc by Sony.

It could be Versus XIII, the game of which i dont care about anymore, if not maybe a new "FromSoftware" game?

Hmm, it's possible. I remember, just before FF13 was announced as multiplat, Sony began talking about how they were shifting their focus from 3rd party exclusives to 1st party.

seriously , anyone think MGS5 will be exclusive needs their heads to be checked

Around the Network

MGS5?

Why would the series be whored out into a system war? It isn't just like a Madden where it can be made every 1 or 2 years.

MGS is an important series, and people are willing to wait 3 years before hearing of a new one. Releasing a new entry just to spite another console is....ridiculous.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Hmmmm....ff13vs is possible just like I said if S-E did it once why won't they do it again? and mgs5 isn't even announced at all how the hek is that "Another ps3 exclusive lost"

MGS4 will not look THAT big because the game already has been released and it one year old short story it will not have the same Impact as the FF13 back in 2008

MGS5 would be announced when Konami is ready to announce it

FF VS yeah I would Expect any thing from SE

MGS4 would be an anti-climax, it's a year old. Microsoft would look pathetic if their big announcement is that they "stole" a year old game. As crazy as this sounds, I think they're actually going to announce entirely new 1st party games and a couple of new IP's. It's sad if the only way they can have memorable E3's is to "steal" old PS games.

Other than FFvsXIII, what other exclusive 3rd party title 'is worth it' for MS to brag about it no longer being PS3 exclusive?...MGS4?....the game came out almost a year ago so I don´t think it´s the kind of bomb 'worthy' of breaking the bank.