By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Breaking the bank" + "MS moneyhat" = Another PS3 exclusive gone?

msg4 already got it sales. so a port that hardly sell another 500,000 doesn't sound impressive.

Around the Network
Pyramid Head said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Pyramid Head said:
hope its killzone 2

thatd be nice, then id have no reason to get ps3 aside from siren (im a horror freak)

prolly not tho

anythign else i couldnt give a rats ass about

I really hope your joking, KZ2 is a 1st party exclusive, it'll never be anywhere unless its a playstation brand.

are you serious?  its first party?

yeh im joking, just saying its the only one i possibly would want on 360.  i never bought GOW or GTs for ps2, so not feelin a need now

That's also a first party title.

Check out my game about moles ^

Guys, guys, guys. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. "breaking the bank" is referring to the fact that all of the cash flow that M$ currently has will be poured into Crackdown 2 and Halo 4. It will be the two most glorifying moments in gaming.

JaggedSac said:
Guys, guys, guys. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. "breaking the bank" is referring to the fact that all of the cash flow that M$ currently has will be poured into Crackdown 2 and Halo 4. It will be the two most glorifying moments in gaming.

Actually, the context in which Aaron Greenberg made the comment that they might "break the bank" at E3 doesn't have anything to do with money at all. It's hilarious how badly everyone is misinterpreting that simple statement. The context was about "breaking the bank" and talking about games and features that won't be released in the next 6 months, as opposed to what Microsoft normally does at E3.

Seihyouken said:
JaggedSac said:

Actually, the context in which Aaron Greenberg made the comment that they might "break the bank" at E3 doesn't have anything to do with money at all. It's hilarious how badly everyone is misinterpreting that simple statement. The context was about "breaking the bank" and talking about games and features that won't be released in the next 6 months, as opposed to what Microsoft normally does at E3.

It was Phil Spencer, head of MGS that made the comment. And he did mean 'breaking the bank' in the context of spending more money to talk about things further out into the future. Im guessing possibly end of 2010/early 2011 announcements - which in my mind should mean Halo news.

Around the Network
EaglesEye379 said:
Seihyouken said:
JaggedSac said:

It was Phil Spencer, head of MGS that made the comment. And he did mean 'breaking the bank' in the context of spending more money to talk about things further out into the future. Im guessing possibly end of 2010/early 2011 announcements - which in my mind should mean Halo news.

Oops. Got my MGS heads mixed up. I stand corrected on that, but it still doesn't change the fact that the context of the statement was referring to making long-term announcments, not making announcments that cost a lot of money.

"The last two E3s, at least - if I use that a proxy for what's coming, we've talked a lot about what is in the next five to six months after the E3, and we've had some pressure that maybe we want to think a little broader about what we're gonna say at E3, a little further out in the future."

"So I came out of an E3 planning meeting just about an hour ago, and we're looking at some of the plans for the future and things that we might want to tease, and it's very exciting because there's a lot of stuff on the way, and maybe we'll break the bank a little bit and talk about things that are further out, which'll hopefully get the community excited."

Seihyouken said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seihyouken said:
JaggedSac said:

Oops. Got my MGS heads mixed up. I stand corrected on that, but it still doesn't change the fact that the context of the statement was referring to making long-term announcments, not making announcments that cost a lot of money.

"The last two E3s, at least - if I use that a proxy for what's coming, we've talked a lot about what is in the next five to six months after the E3, and we've had some pressure that maybe we want to think a little broader about what we're gonna say at E3, a little further out in the future."

"So I came out of an E3 planning meeting just about an hour ago, and we're looking at some of the plans for the future and things that we might want to tease, and it's very exciting because there's a lot of stuff on the way, and maybe we'll break the bank a little bit and talk about things that are further out, which'll hopefully get the community excited."

Yea it shouldnt be taken out of context in the sense that the announcements means lets spend $100m on porting God of War 3 on to the 360, but rather, lets make even more announcements about things further out in the future - which means costing more money for specific teasers/trailers.

Microsoft is the E3 champ 3 years runnin and I doubt they'll loose the title this year,they actually look even more dangerous this year because they've been so quite so far I expect alot of huge anouncements for E3.Halo 4 is being reserved for the launch of the next xbox but I'd expect to see the Peter Jackson Halo project unvieled,also all this talk of stealing exclusives,those days are over lets face it,99% of the next slew of 3rd party titles will be mutiplatform including MGS5 and thats a fact.
Both companies have there respected IP's,Sony with Resistence and MS with Gears etc. and both companies have strong 2nd party developers Sony probably has more in house development studios then Microsoft but I think Microsoft will catch up,as it stands I think we'll continue to see more exclusives on PS3,but they'll continually get overshadowed by one or two huge exclusives on 360,this has been the case since the begining,rememeber sony was like we have lair and heavenly sword and resistence,and xbox was like yeah well we have Gears of War so suck it bi#*h.Then sony was like we have motorstorm ,MGS4,drakes fortune and little big planet,and Xbox was like oh yeah well we have halo 3 and Gears 2,suck it bi#*h.So here we are 2009 Killzone 2 is here God of war 3 on the horizon,so what will be Microsoft's suck it bi#*ch answer to Sony this year?Who knows but it will be huge.

CASS1DY said:

Microsoft is the E3 champ 3 years runnin and I doubt they'll loose the title this year,they actually look even more dangerous this year because they've been so quite so far I expect alot of huge anouncements for E3.Halo 4 is being reserved for the launch of the next xbox but I'd expect to see the Peter Jackson Halo project unvieled,also all this talk of stealing exclusives,those days are over lets face it,99% of the next slew of 3rd party titles will be mutiplatform including MGS5 and thats a fact.
Both companies have there respected IP's,Sony with Resistence and MS with Gears etc. and both companies have strong 2nd party developers Sony probably has more in house development studios then Microsoft but I think Microsoft will catch up,as it stands I think we'll continue to see more exclusives on PS3,but they'll continually get overshadowed by one or two huge exclusives on 360,this has been the case since the begining,rememeber sony was like we have lair and heavenly sword and resistence,and xbox was like yeah well we have Gears of War so suck it bi#*h.Then sony was like we have motorstorm ,MGS4,drakes fortune and little big planet,and Xbox was like oh yeah well we have halo 3 and Gears 2,suck it bi#*h.So here we are 2009 Killzone 2 is here God of war 3 on the horizon,so what will be Microsoft's suck it bi#*ch answer to Sony this year?Who knows but it will be huge.

Wow, that was a funny post. ^_^

The only E3 that Microsoft has won in recent history in E3 08. Narrowly, I might add. Nintendo decimated E3 06 and Sony ran away with the show E3 07.

If you're expecting a lot of huge new game announcments from Microsoft then you're probably going to be disappointed. They have the worst track record of the Big 3 of announcing important new games at E3.

There's nothing suggesting that MGS5 will be multiplatform. Period. There's nothing concrete suggesting it will be PS3 exclusive either, but the series' history and Kojima's comments are clearly on exclusivity's side.

Microsoft has been downsizing, liquidating, releasing, and allowing 3rd party purchases of much of their 1st and 2nd party development studios for over two years now. Bungie, Ensemble, FASA, ACES, Bizzare, BioWare, and the list goes on. Microsoft has little hope of even matching half of the studios the Sony has worldwide.

JGarret said:

Other than FFvsXIII, what other exclusive 3rd party title 'is worth it' for MS to brag about it no longer being PS3 exclusive?...MGS4?....the game came out almost a year ago so I don´t think it´s the kind of bomb 'worthy' of breaking the bank.

That's my train of thought. Microsoft doesn't have a "Multiplatform Megaton" card anymore. They're going to need to rely on their on 1st and 2nd party studios to put them on top this year. Unfortunately, what Microsoft studios aren't already accounted for can be counted on one hand.