By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Breaking the bank" + "MS moneyhat" = Another PS3 exclusive gone?

Shadowblind said:

I wonder, has Microsoft moneyhatted any JRPG yet?

Uhh... yes.

Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, Final Fantasy XIII.

Microsoft got their moneyhat on with Namco Bandai, Tri-Ace and Square Enix. Just because it's not public (outside of the Square deal where it was actually acknowledged) doesn't mean it's not obvious. JRPG developers don't ignore their audience just because Microsoft is nice to them.

Around the Network

To seihyouken,what the hell e3 you been watchin 360 been layin the smackdown the past few years,sony has had the the most lackluster showings and I don't give a shit about the wii cause I'm a gamer not a 5 year old and I'm just sayin M$ will retain there belt cause they'll put out one big exclusive that will outclass 10 ps3 exclusives,you know it's true or maybe you don't cause you only own ps3 but I own both and 360 has better exclusives,sony has more,but 360ls are better.

Seihyouken said:
JaggedSac said:
Guys, guys, guys. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. "breaking the bank" is referring to the fact that all of the cash flow that M$ currently has will be poured into Crackdown 2 and Halo 4. It will be the two most glorifying moments in gaming.

Actually, the context in which Aaron Greenberg made the comment that they might "break the bank" at E3 doesn't have anything to do with money at all. It's hilarious how badly everyone is misinterpreting that simple statement. The context was about "breaking the bank" and talking about games and features that won't be released in the next 6 months, as opposed to what Microsoft normally does at E3.

LOL.  I was being facitious.  Would it be very realistic to spend all of their cash on something video game related?  And on Crackdown 2 for that matter?

microsoft is breaking thier piggy bank for E3!!!!!!!!

blackstar said:
seriously , anyone think MGS5 will be exclusive needs their heads to be checked

MGS 5 will be exclusive.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jo21 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Leonidus said:

If Kojima has anything to do with it, MGS wont be 'the game' that goes to the 360. Final Fantasy - I couldn't care less.

Im in such a blessed position as all the exclusives I really care about are owned/made etc by Sony.

' Sony doesn't make titles. They are lucky they were able to acquire devs that have similar styles that have what we've come to know as "Sony style". If Sony made titles, a good portion of them would probably flop.

i hope you are being sarcastic because then whats microsoft? they aren't even a hardware company also bungie and epic are both third party.

Microsoft Game Studios has actually created games with the likes of ACES since the 90's or maybe even earlier. They also developed the newer joysticks and gamepads as gamepads evolved to improve gaming on PC's. Sony never gave a damn about videogames until Kutaragi talked them into it (Which almost cost him his job). Microsoft does make hardware, you should see the computer they are developing. It looks promising. I know that Bungie isn't first party, but they were and Microsoft owned their IP (Hence why they are still joined at the hip); Epic on the other hand was third party. Microsoft Game Studios was created in 2002. Do not question Microsoft's intentions in gaming, because they've been in it far longer than Sony. Their job now is to figure out what console-gaming fans like as opposed to PC gaming fans. The biggest threat to Sony is Microsoft finally understanding the rhythm of how the console world works. They already beat Sony at their own game in moneyhatting (Which Sony cannot fight back, because they know they cant).

what? sony its more a hardware company and gaming company that microsoft it's.

microsoft it's mainly a software company, and their big games aren't bigger than own developed sony games, and if you count bungie as a first party so it's polyphony and alls developers sony bought, they own them.

sony been in gaming since the 90s too Snes Era, now they are way bigger first party and publisher than sony is, more studios to begin with.

Microsoft has been making gaming products and hardware before Sony even thought themselves of even setting foot into the gaming realm. I don't know where you're getting your in formation from. Microsoft does make hardware, they just don't make TV's like Sony. Microsoft focuses on computers, business products and more; but they like to have their own software and hardware for computers. The Xbox and the Xbox 360 are pieces of hardware aren't they? Microsofts Sidewinder products have been the ideal choice items to use for computer games since the 90's. However Microsoft has been involved in gaming since the 80's.

Sony has been involved with the Playstation since the 90's. Sony laughed at Kutaragi when he expressed the desire for Sony to pursue videogames after the fallout with nintendo and being inspired by his child playing nintendo and seeing profit in it. Before the Playstation, Sony was supposed to help Nintendo out in making a CD add on for their latest system, but Nintendo smelled a greedy rat and dropped their deal with Sony when Sony was going to try and take all of the profit.

Sony did have to moneyhat to get all those studios didn't they? I love how people tell me they don't. Microsoft can buy a shitload of companies, but they've spent more money focusing on taking Sony's bread and butter from last gen; 3rd party titles.

BxN said:
blackstar said:
seriously , anyone think MGS5 will be exclusive needs their heads to be checked

MGS 5 will be exclusive.

Indeed, good for the Wii

I doubt we will see much in the way of exclusive stealing at E3 from Microsoft, they will have at least 3 first party titles they'll announce for the end of this year I think though.

Zones said:
makingmusic476 said:
Zones said:
I think people don't realise that the announcement won't be considered big if it's stealing another exclusive from Sony, mainly because no one really cares anymore as almost every big third-party games are available on both platforms, so I doubt it would shock anyone to see MGS4/5 or FFvXIII on Xbox 360, because PS3 also got some of the big Xbox 360 third-party exclusives like Ninja Gaiden 2, Tales of Vesperia, Bioshock, Lost Planet...etc.

What I think will be surprising is to see Microsoft securing an exclusivity of an expected multiplatform title, like seeing MS announce the next big Valve title for Xbox 360, or securing Modern Warfare 2 exclusivity (timed or extra DLCs), or the next Level-5 project, or the next Bethesda Softworks title...etc.

Anyone really would be shocked to see Versus XIII on Xbox 360 after seeing XIII heading over to Xbox 360? Or seeing MGS4 port after a year and a half? I really don't think these would do anything more than fueling fanboys, but I guess Microsoft really cares about fueling fanboys... So anything can happen actually. -_-

But this is MS we're talking about.  You know, the guys that thought announcing RE5 for 360 at E307 would be a megaton, despite the fact that it had been announced for the 360 two years earlier?

For all we know, they'll think MGS4 on 360 will be big news.

(And I fully expect the next version of MGS4 to be announced for both platformers.)

Haha, nice interview, never read that one before, great laugh!

Anyway, I also fully expect the next version of MGS4 to be announced for both platforms, but I just can't see it being considered as a big announcement from the media outlets, and I don't even expect to see Final Fantasy Versus XIII being showcased at E3 at all...

What I think MS will announce is a slimmer, more family-friendly Xbox 360 with probably a lower price tag, along with new services like last years' Netflix announcement for Live, and new titles from their already known first-party developers and maybe a new exclusive title from Bizarre Creations, and Episode 3 of Half Life 2 and stuff like that. However, making Xbox Live free is a big announcement, but it's hard to see that happening now.

Aside from Modern Warfare 2 being exclusive to Xbox 360 announcement, which is unlikely, I can't think of any MEGATONs, real ones, not one that is considered to be one from MS and MS only.

Bizarre were bought by Activision right around when BioWare were bought by EA.  The rest sounds feasible, however.

Outside of those you yourself said weren't likely, of course.

MGS5.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

also could be Mars.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller