By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The fountain is a great film and i highly recomend it. Old Boy is also an amazing story about revenge and the beast we held inside. Plus it has the greatest fighting scene off all time, taking 20-30 guys on with just a hammer! Very violent but it's worth the view.Other great films:

Fear & Loathing is Las Vegas: Johnny Depp is Wack! A crazy psychedelic film about narcotics and society in the 70's.

From Hell: Another Depp film, about Jack The Ripper. Great film.

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose: Creepiest movie i ever saw. You'll never looks at the clock in 3:00 at night with ease again.

Memento: Greatest script ever. The movie goes backwards to unravel the plot.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

Dark City was great.

And Pan's Labyrinth and Children of Men were two of the best films of the year.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

VonShigsy said:

The fountain is a great film and i highly recomend it. Old Boy is also an amazing story about revenge and the beast we held inside. Plus it has the greatest fighting scene off all time, taking 20-30 guys on with just a hammer! Very violent but it's worth the view.Other great films:

Fear & Loathing is Las Vegas: Johnny Depp is Wack! A crazy psychedelic film about narcotics and society in the 70's.

From Hell: Another Depp film, about Jack The Ripper. Great film.

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose: Creepiest movie i ever saw. You'll never looks at the clock in 3:00 at night with ease again.

Memento: Greatest script ever. The movie goes backwards to unravel the plot.

Memento!  I almost forgot about that movie.  Talk about a great movie.  Really something unique.  I might just have to pick that up tonight now.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

stof said:
Dark City was great.

Thank God!  About half my friends loved Children of Men, but half of them from a different group all hated it.

Not liking Children of Men is a big prejudice I'd have to overcome before liking somebody haha.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Children of Men is in my stack of movies to watch. Should happen by this weekend. I've heard great things. Also in that stack...Black Dahlia, Everything is Illuminated.

Around the Network

I watched The Machinist tonight. Very good. Christian Bale was incredible in this movie.

I caught onto the whole schizophrenia from the start...at first I thought "not that old twist again"...but the ending was great, definitely all came together at the end of the movie perfectly. It was much closer to a happy ending than I thought the movie would ever reach...I liked it a lot, even if it kind of dragged in the middle.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wow, I'm glad so many of you have good taste in movies...Everything is Illuminated was a great movie.

Memento...it was good. I liked the style...it just wasn't the most enjoyable film, in my opinion. My only viewing wasn't a very good one though...perhaps I'll watch it again sometime soon.

Eternal Sunshine and Science of Sleep are also great.

Any Primer fans?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Primer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing low budget Sci-fi.

Ok...how about Brick?

super_etecoon said:

What about you guys...top 5 movies of all time?

Edit...@ Dolla Dolla

is this where you got your name

at dolla dolla
3 up, 4 down

symbolic for @$$, or other words, ASS. the real gangsta way of creatively spittin your vocabulary.

Ya'll best shut up or i'mma bust a cap in yo' at dolla dolla!

Not quite. It was a nickname from high school, cause I always had some $. And it's stuck with me since then, and it still fits

super_etecoon said:
yeah...that's the Old Boy I thought it was...anyone here watched it...recommend it? I'm not too big on violence but I am curious.

Old Boy is definitely a twisted tale, but a good one. I certainly wasn't expecting the direction it took at the end. I think they are actually thinking of remaking it.

vizunary said:

@dolla dolla, cool thread, i've been thinking of starting the exact thing, i didn't know if there would be enough interest to keep it up, hopefully i'm wrong =)

I'm big on movies, and I figured, why not. The worst that could happen is it would fall to the bottom and disappear. I'm glad you guys like to talk movies

stof said:
Dark City was great.

Dark City is on my to see list, and it has been for awhile. Definitely will watch it soon. Children of Men I also wanted to see, but I don't know what happened. I will be picking that up soon.

And, I wholeheartedly agree with you on Pan's Labyrinth. I absolutely love the film. Dark fantasy mixed with harsh reality, and blended so well together. Del Toro outdid himself. He's also endorcing this movie called "El Orfanato" that I'm keeping an eye on. I hope it is good!

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to catch up! 

BenKenobi88 said:
I watched The Machinist tonight. Very good. Christian Bale was incredible in this movie.

I caught onto the whole schizophrenia from the start...at first I thought "not that old twist again"...but the ending was great, definitely all came together at the end of the movie perfectly. It was much closer to a happy ending than I thought the movie would ever reach...I liked it a lot, even if it kind of dragged in the middle.

ahhh, the machinist, awesome, i had forgotten about that one. very creepy, i couldn't beleive what lengths christian bale went to, that kind of dedication to a role is nearly unheard of these days. he got all the way down to 98 pounds, amazing. he literally looked like the walking dead, no special effects, no makeup tricks, they even kept medics on hand, just in case.

since you liked the machinist, you should check out the jacket, with adrian brody, it's in the exact same vein, same mood and everything.

and primer was another good one, excellent, especially for an indie film.

btw, if you like indies, YOU MUST see "my big fat independent movie" it's definitely the best parody film of this generation.

Pan's Labyrinth was also spectacular, i love how they didn't try to explain away the magic, and just let you wonder about it. very rare in today's cinema.

Children of Men pissed me off though................... it wasn't on blu-ray =p  but it was a good film anyways =()

@super_etecoon, be VERY careful with the black dahlia, there was a total peice of crap the went straight to dvd the same week that the real movie came out. it was filmed with a camcorder, it sucked hard, beware!!! make sure you get the right movie.

if you guys liked fear and loathing, don't forget to check out hunter s thompson's books, he writes exactly the way depp talks to himself in the movie, after i saw it, i tracked down and read every word he ever put to paper. definitely a good use of time.