By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Super, have you seen Boondock Saints?

Around the Network

of course...willem dafoe is amazing in that one. I used to manage a video store in Northern California for about 3 years. I didn't really get into movies until then. It was a good time for film, too. 1999 was an amazing year in cinema. Maybe it was the millenium bug or something but that year was the year I truly began loving movies.

Sorry, Stof, it's probably cause we're not cool Canadians that we don't know of Guy Maddin.

What about you guys...top 5 movies of all time?

Edit...@ Dolla Dolla

is this where you got your name

at dolla dolla
3 up, 4 down

symbolic for @$$, or other words, ASS. the real gangsta way of creatively spittin your vocabulary.

Ya'll best shut up or i'mma bust a cap in yo' at dolla dolla!

super_etecoon said:
Anyone seen the Fountain by Darren Aranofsky?

Oh wow. That was a movie I heard about a few times but never actually saw. I don't know if its good or anything but it is at least worth viewing because requiem for a dream and pi were so good.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

okay...I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.  Makes me feel stupid considering how many movies he has done.  What kind of films does he make, and which should I watch first? 

Not suprised. He's not the most well known of Directors. And he's definately not the most mainstream either. He likes to use old film techniques. Old cameras, black and white, artificial colouring techniques. He's big on Silent film as well. Not sure if there's any film I'd recommend to you unless you like your experiences to be truly... different. But if you're looking to take a walk on the weird side, I'd suggest "The Saddest Music in the World"

Now if you want some more accessible Canadian Directors. You need your David Cronenberg, Denys Arcand, Vincenco Natali, Atom Egoyan, Robert Lepage, Deepa Meta, Bruce Mcdonald, And my personal Favourite, Don McKellar.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Recommand

Amores Perros
City of God
Lives of others
Pitbull
Poupées russes, Les
Nochnoy dozor
Old Boy
The Fog of War - documentary
Equilibrium
Fight Club
25th hour
American History X
Requiem for a dream
Ghost in a Shell
kite
Gladiator
Saving Private Ryan

Movies i want to see

No End in Sight
Beowulf
Manda Bala
The nines
Self+Medicated
Deep Water
lars and the real girl

interesting titles in there Hus. I'm a little leary about watching Old Boy (wasn't that the virginia tech inspiration) but I'll definitely take note of the others.

Old boy - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364569/

yeah...that's the Old Boy I thought it was...anyone here watched it...recommend it? I'm not too big on violence but I am curious.