By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

ANFSCD is pretty hilarious - along the lines of The Hollywood Bowl. I also have all but 14 Flying Circus episodes that I downloaded via P2P (can't buy them anywhere!). 

If you enjoyed those, you should check out The Meaning of Life.

Terry Gilliam (12 Monkeys) also directed some other movies, including Brazil, which IMO is truly outstanding; definitely worth a viewing, but it's not your standard comedy fare. In fact, it's hardly comedy.

A Fish Called Wanda, on the other hand, is a riot - "contemporary"  Python humor, if you may.

Around the Network

Holy Grail is the most accessible, but I find over the years that Life of Brain JUST edges it out.

"It's not a question of whether you want to have a child or not Stan! You haven't got a womb! where's it going to gestate, in a box!?"

"Suicide Squad. Attack!.... that'll show'em..."

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

"F*ck off - 'Judaen People's Front'... we're the People's Front of Judea!"

Who'se that guy?

He's the popular people's Front!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Always look on the bright side of life!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

ok...so what does everyone think of A Scanner Darkly...I liked it, but heard bad reviews.

Who are you?
We are three wise men.
What?
We are three wise men.
Well, what are you doing creeping around a cow shed at two o'clock in the morning? That doesn't sound very wise to me.

super_etecoon said:
ok...so what does everyone think of A Scanner Darkly...I liked it, but heard bad reviews.

Have it at home, still haven't watched it... will do so probably this weekend, though.

The only reason I got it was because of the cel-shaded look - interesting to say the least! 

I enjoyed it. The style was crazy and I enjoyed Robert Downey Jr.'s acting...as a druggie, which he seems too good at portraying in many movies hehe. I thought I'd hate Keanu Reeves, but he wasn't too bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Downey Jr is hard to beat as a junkie, have to admit.

What was that movie again? Below Zero?  He plays that heroin addict that resorts to homosexual gratification so he can get his fix...

Along those lines, did you see Reeves in My Private Idaho?

Along those lines, did you see DiCaprio in Basketball Diaries? What a fantastic movie. Unfortunately, it's the only thing remotely good that DiCaprio ever appeared in. Actually, it was a great movie.

Don't even get me started on Titanic...