By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical March NPD Thread (Data in 4 hours)

Dark Chaos said:

I wonder How SONY will spin this months numbers

System Wars crowing aside, HAS Sony been doing PR releases this year? I don't remember ever seeing any for any month in 2009.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
MANUELF said:
I reallly didn´t expect RE5 360 in first place

Pokemon is passe, manuelf.

Of course not, I´m still enjoying a 10 years old game

darthdevidem01 said:
I don't understand how 360 not being down is surprising

When a console falls to MASS MARKET PRICE it has its best year....

anything other than that would be terrible

I remember last year after the 360 price cut was announced, countless PS3 fans predicted it would have no long-term effect. They pointed to earlier 360 price cuts and said those had little effect. They made fun of Microsoft's statements concerning the power of the $199 price point. After the price cut happened, for about a month and a half, every sales thread was filled with PS3 fans predicting that next week the PS3 would be back on top.

Of course, then it was revealed that VGChartz was massively undertracking the 360 since the price cut and adjustments were made, killing all hopes. Maybe you saw the current sales trends coming from the start, but most of the posters on this site most certainly did not.

@Kowenicki

Nonsense you have never been biased on vgchartz

mM
RPG said:
MS got so lucky, the country that caused the recession is the one where they are strongest. Many are going for the cheaper option now, was the economy OK the price cut would not have been this effective.

When PS1 launched situation couldn't have been more favorable for Sony, it's as if the whole universe was rooting for it. A delayed, expensive and cartridge-based N64, a hard-to-program, expensive Saturn, etc, etc. Don't talk about luck, MS took some great decisions (early launch, good online, rooting for 3rd parties, low entry price) and it's just paying off.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Where are the gifs?

From NeoGAF:

(Insert your own figures to complete the joke)

seece said:
SO Killzone was correctly tracked, still though paltry sales :( I expected more.

Is it bundled yet?

I did too...  To my knowledge it is not yet bundled here.

You know I like you a lot more as a little kitty!

LOL

NJ5 said:
Where are the gifs?

nothing shocking seems to have happened

@blizzid

thats irrelevant

Vg Chartz users have had 4 months since adjustments were made to 360 sales

So no most posters should've seen the trend

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

routsounmanman said:
RPG said:
MS got so lucky, the country that caused the recession is the one where they are strongest. Many are going for the cheaper option now, was the economy OK the price cut would not have been this effective.

When PS1 launched situation couldn't have been more favorable for Sony, it's as if the whole universe was rooting for it. A delayed, expensive and cartridge-based N64, a hard-to-program, expensive Saturn, etc, etc. Don't talk about luck, MS took some great decisions (early launch, good online, rooting for 3rd parties, low entry price) and it's just paying off.

I agree, Sony had taken advantage of poor decisions by Nintendo and Sega to take over the video game market, but now they are the ones making bad decisions and it is biting them on the ass...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

noname2200 said:
Dark Chaos said:

I wonder How SONY will spin this months numbers

System Wars crowing aside, HAS Sony been doing PR releases this year? I don't remember ever seeing any for any month in 2009.

Yea I haven't seen them around... All I see now is Koller talking ape shit every week or soo trying to poke fun of the DSi and 360s exclusives