By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - prediction: over/under - conduit scoring a 9.0

Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Cheebee said:
dougsdad0629 said:

It's all going to depend how each individual critic scores it. If they compare it to other FPS on PS3 and 360, it'll probably get praised for the controls, but come up lacking in other ways and probably get 80-ish. If they evaluate it simply as a Wii game and recognize it as something fun and unique for the console, it will score much higher IMO.

This.

I'm so sick and tired of reviewers comparing Wii games to PS360 games when it comes to graphics and online play and then scoring them lower because those aspects are obviously not up to snuff with the HD consoles. But then at the same time they don't score any HD games lower when their controls are inferior to those found in Wii games. That's just the snobcore at their finest.

Maybe its the fact that thinking the Wii controls are better is an OPINION and not fact in any sense of the word.

For FPS?  No.  It's not an opinion.

That's like saying Mouse and Keyboard being better is an opinion.

Oh god. Please don't tell me you just tried to pass off your opinion as fact, or the Wiimote as being comparable to the precision of a keyboard and mouse.

It's more percise then dual analog.  Less then a mouse and Keyboard. 

That is no opinion.

Mouse and Keyboard being better then Dual Analog isn't debatable in FPS

Wiimote being better then Dual Analog isn't debatable in FPS.

Mouse and Keyboard being better then Wiimote isn't debatable in FPS.

These things just aren't.

Around the Network

mid 7's - low 8's

though i'd be more concerned about the content of the reviews than the end score

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

i'm predicting a 0/10 from sdf

irstupid said:

You win the thread.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Cheebee said:
dougsdad0629 said:

It's all going to depend how each individual critic scores it. If they compare it to other FPS on PS3 and 360, it'll probably get praised for the controls, but come up lacking in other ways and probably get 80-ish. If they evaluate it simply as a Wii game and recognize it as something fun and unique for the console, it will score much higher IMO.

This.

I'm so sick and tired of reviewers comparing Wii games to PS360 games when it comes to graphics and online play and then scoring them lower because those aspects are obviously not up to snuff with the HD consoles. But then at the same time they don't score any HD games lower when their controls are inferior to those found in Wii games. That's just the snobcore at their finest.

Maybe its the fact that thinking the Wii controls are better is an OPINION and not fact in any sense of the word.

Oh god. Please don't tell me you just tried to pass off your opinion as fact, or the Wiimote as being comparable to the precision of a keyboard and mouse.

That is no opinion.

*sigh* I thought the day Kaz called opinion fact would be the last one on VGChartz. Guess that just means I haven't seen enough of your posts then. Turns out my experience, as with many others, is quite different then yours.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Cheebee said:
dougsdad0629 said:

This.

That is no opinion.

*sigh* I thought the day Kaz called opinion fact would be the last one on VGChartz. Guess that just means I haven't seen enough of your posts then. Turns out my experience, as with many others, is quite different then yours.

So do you think it's an opinion that Keyboard is superior to dual analog?

If not... I don't see how you can argue that the Wiimote being better then Dual analog is an opinion.

If so... I don't think you've seen crossplatform games and what they have to do to compensate for dual analog.

Shadowblind said:

I agree with you Shadowblind that it's opinion and not fact.  That said, I and probably over 80% of the people who have played all 3 share his opinion of KM > Wii mote > DA.  (Of those 20% who don't, a significant amount take Wii mote > KM for fun factor over accuracy).

theRepublic said:
irstupid said:

You win the thread.

I don't know, they did give galaxy a 1/10. I'd think .5/10 is within reach.

Shadowblind said:

Kasz216 said:

That is no opinion.

I think you are confusing "better" with "preference".  Mouse and keyboard is the best, but I still prefer the Wiimote.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

jlauro said:
Shadowblind said:

I agree with you Shadowblind that it's opinion and not fact.  That said, I and probably over 80% of the people who have played all 3 share his opinion of KM > Wii mote > DA.  (Of those 20% who don't, a significant amount take Wii mote > KM for fun factor over accuracy).

How can it be an opinion when the accuracies of each are documentable?

Sure some people might find dual analog more fun... just how people find playing the Clippers over the Cavs in recent NBA videogames more fun.

The Cavs are still better then the Clips though.