Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Cheebee said:
dougsdad0629 said:

It's all going to depend how each individual critic scores it. If they compare it to other FPS on PS3 and 360, it'll probably get praised for the controls, but come up lacking in other ways and probably get 80-ish. If they evaluate it simply as a Wii game and recognize it as something fun and unique for the console, it will score much higher IMO.

This.

I'm so sick and tired of reviewers comparing Wii games to PS360 games when it comes to graphics and online play and then scoring them lower because those aspects are obviously not up to snuff with the HD consoles. But then at the same time they don't score any HD games lower when their controls are inferior to those found in Wii games. That's just the snobcore at their finest.

Maybe its the fact that thinking the Wii controls are better is an OPINION and not fact in any sense of the word.

For FPS?  No.  It's not an opinion.

That's like saying Mouse and Keyboard being better is an opinion.

Oh god. Please don't tell me you just tried to pass off your opinion as fact, or the Wiimote as being comparable to the precision of a keyboard and mouse.

It's more percise then dual analog.  Less then a mouse and Keyboard. 

That is no opinion.

Mouse and Keyboard being better then Dual Analog isn't debatable in FPS

Wiimote being better then Dual Analog isn't debatable in FPS.

Mouse and Keyboard being better then Wiimote isn't debatable in FPS.

These things just aren't.

*sigh* I thought the day Kaz called opinion fact would be the last one on VGChartz. Guess that just means I haven't seen enough of your posts then. Turns out my experience, as with many others, is quite different then yours.

So do you think it's an opinion that Keyboard is superior to dual analog?

If not... I don't see how you can argue that the Wiimote being better then Dual analog is an opinion.

If so... I don't think you've seen crossplatform games and what they have to do to compensate for dual analog.

Everything depends on the person. A fact is something that is established, non-debatable no matter what the circumstances are, as long as they are not impossible circumstances. If I could find a single person with greater accuracy with dual analog then Wiimote, it would not be a fact, unless your talking in technical terms, in which case we have yet to see proof of the accuracy of Wiimote>Analog. As it is, I can find many people with that trait, specifically practically every Halo and CoD player at my school.

And yes, I've played WaW on the Wii. Never played it on 360 or PS3, but I found it quite difficult to get near the accuracy I achieve with a 360 controller with the wiimote.

Hence, I alone mitigate the "fact" that the wiimote is more accurate then dual analog. Technically, IR may well be. In fact, IR support may have the potential to be more accurate then even K&M. But what I've seen with it tells me otherwise, and yes, this is personally an opinion. Like what you said.

P.S. Wii games I play mostly with the gun bundled with Link's Crossbow Training. I've beaten RE:4(without the periph), RE:UC, and played most of WaW on the Wii.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

100-150

I'd go with 85.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Cheebee said:
dougsdad0629 said:

It's all going to depend how each individual critic scores it. If they compare it to other FPS on PS3 and 360, it'll probably get praised for the controls, but come up lacking in other ways and probably get 80-ish. If they evaluate it simply as a Wii game and recognize it as something fun and unique for the console, it will score much higher IMO.

This.

I'm so sick and tired of reviewers comparing Wii games to PS360 games when it comes to graphics and online play and then scoring them lower because those aspects are obviously not up to snuff with the HD consoles. But then at the same time they don't score any HD games lower when their controls are inferior to those found in Wii games. That's just the snobcore at their finest.

Maybe its the fact that thinking the Wii controls are better is an OPINION and not fact in any sense of the word.

Oh god. Please don't tell me you just tried to pass off your opinion as fact, or the Wiimote as being comparable to the precision of a keyboard and mouse.

That is no opinion.

*sigh* I thought the day Kaz called opinion fact would be the last one on VGChartz. Guess that just means I haven't seen enough of your posts then. Turns out my experience, as with many others, is quite different then yours.

If not... I don't see how you can argue that the Wiimote being better then Dual analog is an opinion.

If so... I don't think you've seen crossplatform games and what they have to do to compensate for dual analog.

Everything depends on the person. A fact is something that is established, non-debatable no matter what the circumstances are, as long as they are not impossible circumstances. If I could find a single person with greater accuracy with dual analog then Wiimote, it would not be a fact, unless your talking in technical terms, in which case we have yet to see proof of the accuracy of Wiimote>Analog. As it is, I can find many people with that trait, specifically practically every Halo and CoD player at my school.

And yes, I've played WaW on the Wii. Never played it on 360 or PS3, but I found it quite difficult to get near the accuracy I achieve with a 360 controller with the wiimote.

Hence, I alone mitigate the "fact" that the wiimote is more accurate then dual analog. Technically, IR may well be. In fact, IR support may have the potential to be more accurate then even K&M. But what I've seen with it tells me otherwise, and yes, this is personally an opinion. Like what you said.

P.S. Wii games I play mostly with the gun bundled with Link's Crossbow Training. I've beaten RE:4(without the periph), RE:UC, and played most of WaW on the Wii.

Do you know what makes the mouse more accurate then dual analog?

This is the same reason the Wiimote is more accurate in technical terms.

So yes.  We do know it for a fact.

Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Cheebee said:
dougsdad0629 said:

This.

That is no opinion.

'Course we do.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Cheebee said:
dougsdad0629 said:

This.

That is no opinion.

'Course we do.

You don't deny Keyboard and Mouse is better then DA right?

Or do you think that is also an opinion.  You never gave a clear answer on this.

under 8.4

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:
Kasz216 said:
Shadowblind said:

'Course we do.

You don't deny Keyboard and Mouse is better then DA right?

Or do you think that is also an opinion.  You never gave a clear answer on this.

Opinion. Back when Shadowrun actually had the 20something Vista players on it, they all sucked when I played them on the 360. Of course, it could be just lack of skill; can we prove it?

Afraid not....such is the nature of a theory, even if a relatively established one.

7.8-8.6 based on the platform and reviewer tendencies.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Under for sure, I'll go with low 80s

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown