By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 has a higher attach rate than Xbox 360?

This sony PR guy is getting on my nerves.. he needs to shut the hell up, he is only giving the playstation brand a bad name.

mM
Around the Network
theRepublic said:

nightsurge said:

Why is it that PR guys are always the biggest fanboys with the worst logic?

Probably because that is what they are paid to do.

(I know it was rhetorical, I just couldn't resist.)

So true.  I wish I was paid to do this kind of simple work.

This is in agreement with my comments here in the past, on that PS3 and 360 attach rates aren't that different overall despite the propaganda.

I think PS3 software overall sells a little better from the point of view: amount of software sold per user per month of ownership. Which is a much fairer perspective than anything Microsoft has been spouting.

For example if one platform has 8 million users and the other 16 million, of course it should be expected that the platform would sell twice as much software. Of course if that platform was also available on the market twice as long, well more than twice as much software should be expected to have been sold (about triple and there should be a higher attah ratio per user, despite software selling equally well for both platform on a per user basis).

It's IMO sad North America / United States is so often the focus of PR (the 360 is stronger here than for the rest of the world combined and this is not the case with regard to the PS3). I would love to see more focus on EU/Europe, it's at least as big a gaming market than the US/North America (and certainly a bigger market in terms of revenue).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Theres a lot of other things to consider...

Those that bought a PS3 for BluRay only (Wont really buy games)
Those that bought a 360's to mod (Wont really buy games)

and other things which I wont bother listing...

so this whole attach rate is silly :P

Naum said:
It's easier to have higher attach rate on a console with less install base.

keep that in mind next time everyone is using attach rates to say wii is shitl.

Around the Network

Sony’s Peter Dille is liveing in dream land

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

I dont think software devs give a shit bout attach rates.. i can sell 5 consoles sell 4 copies of a game and claim that it has a 80% attach rate but in actuality i have ONLY sold 4 copies.

Multiplats may appeal more to PS3 owners in america but when it comes to absolute sales the 360 trumps it.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

what he said it's a recent trend, with games with most of multiplatform , europe makes that difference even bigger though.

I think some people intentionally miss the point and relevance of these comments.

In fact it is Microsoft who constantly attacks Sony for PS3 attach rates. IMO the stated facts in these comments should be viewed from this angle. Basically this is FUD killing.

Multi-platform titles perform relatively well on the PS3, per user people are buying more multi-platform games (at for the US and in many cases for simultaneous Japanese releases as well, it also seems to be the case for other regions).

The 360 had a 1 year headstart for Japan & North America, 1 year and 5 months for Europe. But compared to the same period last year, the PS3 today sold many millions more hardware than the 360 did.

Percentage wise the PS3 to 360 ratio has gotten slimmer very fast, of course the 360 with its headstart started out at 100%. Now its worldwide around 45% vs 55% installed base, with multi-platform games performing relatively better on the PS3 the interest to developers are closer.

The PS3 is thus hard to ignore for the bulk of 3rd party developers, hence the bulk of best selling non-Microsoft published games have all been ported to the PS3 as well. With a simultaneous release a successful high profile game like GTA IV this about doubles potential sales.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

That's great Mr. Dille, but you're still not doing it right...

4 ≈ One