By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm displeased with Nintendo's pricing of MotionPlus

@Hyperion
Has anyone lowered controller prices? I am not aware that Sony or Microsoft have dropped any prices.

@Words of Wisdom
Isn't this a technological improvement that was cost-prohibitive at launch (unlike another companies decision to radically change its controller, calling rumble last generation, only to have to add it back at users demand).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I'm poor and dislike pricing of most things but even I think the price is right. Nintendo didn't live to become 120yrs old by selling things cheaply. If its too much just get in with a game, a fair few bundles should pop up I imagine soon.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Personally, I don't think this price is outrageous.

Pixel Art can be fun.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
You know how Nintendo has certain downloads that are only available if you own a special code? You need to buy the WiiSpeak microphone before you can download the free WiiSpeak channel.

Perhaps the WiiMotion+ accessory comes with a code which lets you download a free or cheap WiiWare game. That way only people who own the accessory can download or buy it.

Or they can make a game that doesn't NEED WiiMotion+ to work, but is much much better with WiiMotion+. That's how all the Balance Board ski and snowboard games work. They can work without the Balance Board.

Also, WiiMotion+ is coming out on a Friday in Europe, which is also their weekly WiiWare release day.

I just refuse to believe that Nintendo will sell this for $20 before a single game uses it. That's unheard of. It needs a launch title. We'll get at least one. Something to warm us up for Wii Sports Resort. Something to get reviewers tingling for a month in advance.

Reading this what came to mind was a Wii Sports Resorts demo with only one event (like fencing). That would great, I don't think it will happen but I agree that it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to release WM+ without any software to go with it.

Signature goes here!

you'll be able to find a used one on amazon/ebay for the price you want after a few weeks.

Around the Network

I was hoping for $15. Oh well, I'll still get it.
(>'.')>

Orca_Azure said:
you'll be able to find a used one on amazon/ebay for the price you want after a few weeks.

I think you should change weeks to years. The only Nintendo add-on hardware that hasn't gone up in price is the zapper

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Aww, too expensive for me. If wii would be 100€ with WM+ included I might buy one.

On the sidenote, I finally bought my second 360. (third actually but I sold the oldest one)

I'll most likely be buying all of mine with bundles, lets hope there are 3 games that I want which are bundled with this!

I've been hearing a lot about Grand Slam Tennis, is it really going to be that good? To what effect are they using WM+?

I'm definitely getting WSR, I can't wait for that game, so that means I'd hypothetically only need one more game bundled with WM+.

Red Steel 2 please!

The June 8th release lands is between Virtua Tennis and Grand Slam Tennis (and Tiger Woods) which have all been confirmed to use it.

So there WILL be a game to use it on immediately at launch (Virtua Tennis) so don't count on a Wiiware title (but it could happen)