By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm displeased with Nintendo's pricing of MotionPlus

nordlead said:
famousringo said:
nordlead said:
The said:
So it's impossible to use Motion Plus in a Wii Wheel....

yes, but you don't need WM+ for racing, as the Wii Remote works fine as is.

The wiimote works, but WM+ really would work better. It tends to get confused if it isn't being held stable. I find it particularly thorny when you shake it to do a trick in Mario Kart. WM+ would not be subject to this problem, since it can track the actual orientation of the wiimote instead of guesstimating the orientation using gravity.

well, if they release a racing game that actually uses WM+ you can always just use it without the Wii Wheel.

Yeah, I probably would. The wheel doesn't sit comfortably in my hands, anyway. A third party would probably release a wheel which could hold WM+, but I'd just as likely stay away to minimize the clutter of plastic.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
famousringo said:
nordlead said:
The said:

The wiimote works, but WM+ really would work better. It tends to get confused if it isn't being held stable. I find it particularly thorny when you shake it to do a trick in Mario Kart. WM+ would not be subject to this problem, since it can track the actual orientation of the wiimote instead of guesstimating the orientation using gravity.

well, if they release a racing game that actually uses WM+ you can always just use it without the Wii Wheel.

How many existing racing games are designed to utilize the Wii Wheel?

Words Of Wisdom said:
nordlead said:
famousringo said:
nordlead said:
The said:

1 that I know of

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
nordlead said:
famousringo said:
nordlead said:
The said:

1 that I know of

Nuts.

Mine is collecting dust right now as I prefer the GC controller for Mario Kart Wii.  I was hoping there might be a few others that have a more natural feeling with the Wii Wheel.

Words Of Wisdom said:
nordlead said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
nordlead said:

1 that I know of

Nuts.

Mine is collecting dust right now as I prefer the GC controller for Mario Kart Wii.  I was hoping there might be a few others that have a more natural feeling with the Wii Wheel.

I find the Wii Wheel is vastly more fun while playing Mario Kart. It may not be as accurate, but I have a VR of 8200 and I'm happy with that. If I switched to motorcycles and using a joystick, I could probably break 9000, but I really don't care.

Anyways, MySims Racing and NASCAR Kart racing probably could use the Wii Wheel, but they probably suck too

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

^Couldn't you use the Wii Wheel for Excite Truck since it is just holding he controller sideways. Any racing game that you hold it sideways (tilt it back and forth) could technically use the Wii Wheel. I am not totally sure since I have never played Excite Truck. I am pretty sure that Excitebots uses it.

sethnintendo said:
^Couldn't you use the Wii Wheel for Excite Truck since it is just holding he controller sideways. Any racing game that you hold it sideways (tilt it back and forth) could technically use the Wii Wheel. I am not totally sure since I have never played Excite Truck. I am pretty sure that Excitebots uses it.

Excite Truck doesn't really work, because it wants you to hold the wiimote face up, like an NES pad, instead of face toward the player, which is more natural for the wheel. If you tried to use the wheel, you'd be holding it face up and flapping the wheel left and right, rather than turning it along its axis.

ExciteBots, however, will be designed to use the wheel, and I heard it's going to ship with one.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Meh, to me, $19.99 is kinda outrageous. I also think it should be lowered.