By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm displeased with Nintendo's pricing of MotionPlus

I'm not buying this, at least not for another year.

Until I find a need to play a game that requires it, I'm keeping my money.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
I'm not buying this, at least not for another year.

Until I find a need to play a game that requires it, I'm keeping my money.

That's what everyone should do.

And considering that there's a possibility that particular game you want is bundled with it, you might even get it for cheaper that way.

The said:
Nintendo invented the "rumble pack" for N64. They almost released (and I'm not sure but I think they did release it in Japan) a Disc Drive for the N64... They've also led the console industry in peripherals with the NES : power pad, power glove, zapper, robot, etc... SNES bazooka remember that one? Now it's Wii fit board, motion plus, etc.

Power Glove was Mattel.  Power Pad was by Bandai.  Nintendo embraced both so they would have more diversity, and it was good.  (Nintendo even bought the rights from Bandai and changed the name; it used to be the Family Trainer).

R.O.B. and the Power Pad were actually part of how Nintendo revived the American video game market after it crashed into 1983.  It's also why the NES looks like a VCR in America and looks like a video game console everywhere else.  It was the brilliant marketing strategy that made people think "Hey it's a VCR computer family entertainment center system thing with a robot and exercising and shootin games and that wild new hit Super Mario Bros.!"  So yes, the Wii is doing the asme thing, and it's awesome.  The Wii intentionally looks like a DVD player the way the NES looked like a VCR, so they're both less nerdy and less threatening to non-nerds.  That's also why we have remotes that look like TV remotes.  It's supposed to feel familiar.

But Wii Motion Plus isn't a wacky gimmick.  This is the real deal this time.  This is serious business.

And hell yeah the Super Scope kicks ass.  I think we definitely need more gaming bazookas.  Luckily the Wii remote can do that too.

nordlead said:
outlawauron said:
wfz said:

You don't have to buy it, though. You're saying there's no way to justify an $80 controller? Regardless of the technology used inside of it? That doesn't make any sense.

Of course I don't have to buy it, but I want it to fix one of my main complaints on the Wii.

And the reason why $80 is too expensive is the same reason why $400 is too expensive for a game console. The PS3 is worth it with the techonology but that is still too much money.

@ nordlead

But my favorite game require a nunchuck. And I'm interested to see what WM+ adds to Wii games. So, in order to get that experience I need to spend $80 so one person can play.

Yes, if everyone must play Grand Slam Tennis with WM+ you'll have to shell out $80/person which would suck. However, most people will probably only have 1-2 WM+, 1-2 Nunchucks, and 4 Wii Remotes. Not to bad compared to previous generations honestly.

Take the N64 for example. I think the controllers were $40, rumble pack $20, and memory cards were $20. We had 1 of each for everyone, so that came out to $80 too

Daaaaaayumn.  I think I had 2 rumble packs and 1 memory card.  But I bet I'll end up with 4 WM+'s.  I think I'll get 1 or 2 when I get a job, and then the rest when there's a good 4 player party game.

But at least we're not gonna get a RAM expansion this time.

nordlead said:
outlawauron said:
wfz said:

You don't have to buy it, though. You're saying there's no way to justify an $80 controller? Regardless of the technology used inside of it? That doesn't make any sense.

Of course I don't have to buy it, but I want it to fix one of my main complaints on the Wii.

And the reason why $80 is too expensive is the same reason why $400 is too expensive for a game console. The PS3 is worth it with the techonology but that is still too much money.

@ nordlead

But my favorite game require a nunchuck. And I'm interested to see what WM+ adds to Wii games. So, in order to get that experience I need to spend $80 so one person can play.

Yes, if everyone must play Grand Slam Tennis with WM+ you'll have to shell out $80/person which would suck. However, most people will probably only have 1-2 WM+, 1-2 Nunchucks, and 4 Wii Remotes. Not to bad compared to previous generations honestly.

Take the N64 for example. I think the controllers were $40, rumble pack $20, and memory cards were $20. We had 1 of each for everyone, so that came out to $80 too

Haven't read much into Grand Slam Tennis but if it supports 4 player like Wii Sports Tennis, then I may have to buy four. At least 2 WM+ for the fencing, though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

some people want everything free....it's just 20 dlls, I was expecting at least 30 dlls price

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

And hell yeah the Super Scope kicks ass.  I think we definitely need more gaming bazookas.  Luckily the Wii remote can do that too.

Yep, in MOH2 in the Port I think you have to flip the Wii Zapper upside-down (or just the remote if your not using the zapper) to use the Panzerkerz(sp? <-- its a bazooka). And the easiest way to do it is to throw it up on your shoulder, quite fun :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

So it's impossible to use Motion Plus in a Wii Wheel....

The said:

yes, but you don't need WM+ for racing, as the Wii Remote works fine as is.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
The said:

The wiimote works, but WM+ really would work better. It tends to get confused if it isn't being held stable. I find it particularly thorny when you shake it to do a trick in Mario Kart. WM+ would not be subject to this problem, since it can track the actual orientation of the wiimote instead of guesstimating the orientation using gravity.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
nordlead said:
The said:

The wiimote works, but WM+ really would work better. It tends to get confused if it isn't being held stable. I find it particularly thorny when you shake it to do a trick in Mario Kart. WM+ would not be subject to this problem, since it can track the actual orientation of the wiimote instead of guesstimating the orientation using gravity.

well, if they release a racing game that actually uses WM+ you can always just use it without the Wii Wheel.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)