By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website suggestions / improvements

Nice. I was actually more thinking of averaging something like at least 5 predictions of the last month or something like this, there would still be an incentive to continue predicting. Just a thought though, I don't know how hard such a thing would be to implement.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

ioi said: Tones of dupe threads? What can you get on a phpbb forum you can't get on here? If these are sluggish it is down to the server or the load on the site, that would be the same with any forum...
Well, thread subscription to start, so I don't have to keep checking to see if anyone responded to my comment and so that a flame war can be fought properly :P There is also things like page links at the bottom and top instead of just at the top proper quoting so it's clear who said what in a layered quote. Most importantly, SEARCH!!! so that I can find a post that I thought was interesting but can't remember what thread it belonged to.

Can you make the login button easier to find. I don't post to your site very often but every time I come here and do post I always end up searching for the login. Why not just show the username and password fields on the main page without having to press login.

An "ignore user" function would be great. There are a number of users who post nothing of any real value -- i.e. kwaad and death09 (or something close to that) -- and it would be nice to ignore them. Overall this site contains a nice repository of current and past data an there are posts from all three fanboy camps. There are even a few that post well-thought-out topics. I would just like to see the forums with a bit more functionality overall. A FAQ to answer all the questions that come up (repeatedly) about how you arrive at your numbers would be nice on the left side. Other than that, keep up the good work.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

My only quarrel is how much canada is worth. You have it at about 5% Canada has about 32 million people. The U.S. has about 300 million people. so we should be a bit higher. I know our GDP per person is lower than yours but that doesn't warrent half the drop. Canada https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html#Econ United States https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/us.html#Econ But if I remeber correctly their are more people in the U.S. percentage that are in poverty then in canada, their are just alot of very rich people to balance out the average. I think Canada should be boosted to at leat 7% Sorry if i'm talking off topic.

Around the Network

auroragb said:
ioi said:What can you get on a phpbb forum you can't get on here?
Well, thread subscription to start, so I don't have to keep checking to see if anyone responded to my comment and so that a flame war can be fought properly :P There is also things like page links at the bottom and top instead of just at the top proper quoting so it's clear who said what in a layered quote. Most importantly, SEARCH!!! so that I can find a post that I thought was interesting but can't remember what thread it belonged to.
Also, post preview would be helpful, so you don't have to make the post and edit what you've screwed up. More emoticons. In place formatting of highlighted text. The list goes on...

How about the setting up the prediction legaue for March in the Americas?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Any chance you guys will take my previous post into effect?

I have an idea for the site - hope this doesn't get caught up in the flow and ignored ;) Many old threads are good - but get ignored. This is either because they are "off" the main page (and don't get seen), or off the main page of the thread index. There are just too many to check out regularly, and its also too hard to search the "entire" list before starting a new one. ... So... my suggestion is to create a secondary list of threads on the main page (doesn't have to be long - maybe 4 or 5 of them), that does something like "blast from the past" - it picks a bunch of RANDOM threads, and displays their titles. This way, all old threads will have a chance to make it back to the main page (i.e. if someone posts on one of them), and hopefully there will be less duplication present.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The search problem would be solved if the forums used a real forum software like phpbb or invision ...