By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Book - "Why Did the PS3 Fail?"

The xbox failed in no way, if it was not for XBL i would hate to see where online gaimng would be. Sony having PSN and home is a major increase over the nothing they had last year and it is a step in the right direction to beat xbox for online gaming and online community on a home console.

While the wii tried to bring online to its console it was a big failure compared to Sony and Microsoft. Any one who wants to game online is pretty much screwed with the wii.

Around the Network
GranTurismo said:
The xbox failed in no way, if it was not for XBL i would hate to see where online gaimng would be. Sony having PSN and home is a major increase over the nothing they had last year and it is a step in the right direction to beat xbox for online gaming and online community on a home console.

While the wii tried to bring online to its console it was a big failure compared to Sony and Microsoft. Any one who wants to game online is pretty much screwed with the wii.

I enjoy playing Mario Strikers online.  It's fun.  Me and my friend play while our clan sets up scrim in Counter Strike Source.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
GranTurismo said:

as u say its too early to say the ps3 is a failure you are quickly to say the wii's online is a failure. so the way i see it if u wont admit that neither is a failure then that would be a good thing but to say one has failed without even trying it then you shouldnt even be playing games. and if the xbox wasnt a failure then the GCN was not a failure there are several reasons why a console will fail not just being first place or last place in teh console wars.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Avalach21 said:
GranTurismo said:

I enjoy playing Mario Strikers online. It's fun. Me and my friend play while our clan sets up scrim in Counter Strike Source.

The original Counter-Strike was pretty late among the likes of online computer games, but it was still out more than two years before the orignal Xbox was released and even longer before XBL was really getting used.

Microsoft may have lead the push to bring an existing, known and quite mature technology to home console users. But there is no arguing that it coming to home console users was an inevitability Microsoft or no Microsoft.  Sony and Nintendo may be way behind Microsoft when it comes to online gaming, but their arrival at the final state is inevitable.

And right now, the majority of home console gamers don't game online, nor is this one of their biggest desires for home console gaming.  Surveys have shown this time and again over the last several years.  While the trend is improving for console online gaming, it's not huge yet.

For some gamers Live may be a huge draw of the 360.  That's cool, but Sony and Nintendo haven't rushed the online market because the payoff isn't there yet.   

ElRhodeo said:
The battle in this thread will be epic.

*sets up lawn chair and graps some tortilla chips*

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Around the Network

I don't know but the title is speaking into past tense, like in the sense it's already dead and I think that is utterly nonsense. PS3 is not even a year away from its release. If the author would have written the book " Xbox 360 wa, naze nihon de daremo kaitakunai no ka? (The 360, why does no one want to buy it in Japan) Then I'd say yeah you're right publishing a book like that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Who writes actual books about this stuff anyway?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

*~Onna76~* said:
I don't know but the title is speaking into past tense, like in the sense it's already dead and I think that is utterly nonsense. PS3 is not even a year away from its release. If the author would have written the book " Xbox 360 wa, naze nihon de daremo kaitakunai no ka? (The 360, why does no one want to buy it in Japan) Then I'd say yeah you're right publishing a book like that.

See that what i ment with my post, just worded it differently.

I

Hus said:
*~Onna76~* said:

See that what i ment with my post, just worded it differently.

I

But you didn't say that Hus.  You trolled the thread and said:

LMAo what a moronic book, i cant believe japanese are stupid enough to buy crap like that.

If that was what you meant to say, then you need to try harder to put your thoughts into words.  You need to look at all of us like we are your friends and speak in respectful tones.  Maybe today is a turning point for you.  You have seen that Onna76, a wiigamer, has defended your position.  And you have seen taht she did it in words you wish you had.  We are all friends here.  We love videogames, otherwise we wouldn't be here.  Now treat us fairly and we will do the same.  I understand it is difficult being in the minority, but if you are respectful people won't troll your threads.  If they do, someone lke Onna76 will surely defend you.

itz a bit early for any1 2 judge if the PS3 has failed yet

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man