By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Book - "Why Did the PS3 Fail?"

BrainBoxLtd said:
homelesscarl said:
What happens if the book fails??

Then someone else will write "Why did 'Why did the PS3 fail?' fail?". =P

And then eventually, someone else will write, "Why did 'Why did 'Why did 'Why did 'Why did 'Why did the Playstation 3 Fail?' Fail?' Fail?' Fail?' Fail?' Fail?'

Around the Network

The subject of the book is fairly non-controversial. It's a book about the state of affairs in Japan. In the Japanese market mindshare is arguably even more important than in the NA or EU market. From what I understand the author is merely doing an analysis of how the current state of affairs came to be in the light of how things stand today.

little early to say this, if you put into terms its a huge failure. While it is not selling like it should, so it is failing at that point, you could call it a failure or for the few other reasons.

But overall the console is really not a failure

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Neos said:
regin2005 said:
I hate threads like this.

i hate prediction sigs

especially ones that have a 100% chance of failing *cough* Wii +3m minimum *cough* :D:D

says the guy with "I believe MGS4 non exclusive" in his sig

Obi Wan killed the PS3; I would post the you tube link here, but don't know how to.

If you have not seen it; it's pretty hilarious; just search for "PS3 vs wii star wars" on you tube, and it should come up.

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
little early to say this, if you put into terms its a huge failure. While it is not selling like it should, so it is failing at that point, you could call it a failure or for the few other reasons.

But overall the console is really not a failure

Well, you say "it is not selling like it should". How should it be selling?

You say "overall the console is really not a failure". In what ways do you mean it is overall not a failure?

*laughs* @ the author

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

Hus said:
LMAo what a moronic book, i cant believe japanese are stupid enough to buy crap like that.

Hus - you know better than making comments like that. No matter how you look at it, thats a rascist comment. Please refrain from making similar comments in the future - or you know the drill...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The ps3 is a failure up to this point, and the more negativity people can dump on the ps3 the more likely they want sony out. They are trying to cut the hype out of the ps3, and by that giving them a dis advantage to the wii whcih everyone says is amazing. Oh sony what have you gotten yourselves into...

mM

I would recommend that those blasting the author take the time to read State of Fear. A novel that makes a great argument for not entrenching your convictions or beliefs. A number or you are mired in a perpetual state of fear, and your quick to attack anything that casts your technology faith in doubt.

OH NOES, IT'S TEH GLOBAL WARMING!!!111!!

ok, i'm better now.  good book.

You Spoony Bard!