By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EEDAR: GTA Chinatown Wars performance proves mature DS games "risky"

So GTA:VCS proves mature PSP games are risky, too? At the same time there're no market for games like Animal Crossing on DS? 'Cos initial sales of those games are comparable.

BS... as I said already, if it gets lucky it'll be around ~2mln at the end of the year. And who knows how big GTA:CW will be in next 2-3 years?

Around the Network

lol, I could have also started an article with the headline:

"GTA outsells Brain Age in its first Month"

based on exactly the same sales figures. Does this means that GTA: Chinatown is also going to sell 18 million copies?

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

How these idiots ever come to be "analysts" eludes me; let's see what he'll say a year from now when GTA:CW will have sold 1.5m+ and keep selling.

@sparkit34

Depends on length of it's legs ;) GTA:CW already showing minimum decline in sales week over week, so I assume it's safe to say it got legs like every portable GTA did. How long they are? I can't say, time will tell.

How do these analysts get paid? Why would he even expect front loaded sales on DS? For Pokemon - yes, just about anything else - no.
GTA:CW seems to be slipping into a holding pattern in the sales charts and if so, it could easily sale several million.

On the flip side, I agree M titles for DS are risky.

Around the Network

Yeah, bad analysis. Not only will the game do gangbusters overtime, but it's going to move a lot of DS units and open the doors for those other M rated titles as well.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well judging from the comments about gta vice city stories most have not checked the stats: 2.94 million sold. Grand theft auto games "are" frontloaded games, have been and always will be. Both grand theft auto's on the psp have sold well you can check the link http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=grand+theft+auto&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&keyword=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits does this mean that china wars is a flop? No way dude, this just means that it and most mature games like it are "risky" and this is the title that will probably be looked at to chart whether or not anymore "mature" titles get fitted for a DS game. I do believe this is all the article was trying to point out, this should not be taken as an "attack" on all things Nintendo.

Samus Aran said:
Vice city stories on psp sold worse then gta: chinatown wars. Why doesn't anyone complain about that?
Stop blaiming Nintendo for everything! What's next? Nintendo caused WW1 and2?

Didn't you know that?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

The game is actually showing signs of legs already, but its not selling like a regualar gta game either. We'll have to wait next year to prove him wrong.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Avarice28 said:
Well judging from the comments about gta vice city stories most have not checked the stats: 2.94 million sold. Grand theft auto games "are" frontloaded games, have been and always will be. Both grand theft auto's on the psp have sold well you can check the link http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=grand+theft+auto&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&keyword=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits does this mean that china wars is a flop? No way dude, this just means that it and most mature games like it are "risky" and this is the title that will probably be looked at to chart whether or not anymore "mature" titles get fitted for a DS game. I do believe this is all the article was trying to point out, this should not be taken as an "attack" on all things Nintendo.

Check again... Vice City Stories had a pretty poor first week.