By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG's Definitive Top 10 JRPG List.

Esa-Petteri said:
Euphoria14 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
So much hate on the best jrpg ever, it is sad. :(

It is not that anyone hates Lost Odyssey, it is a good game. It is just FAR from being anywhere within a hundred mile radius of being "The best JRPG ever".

He has it #2 on the list and above Persona 4 which is in every sense a MUCH BETTER JRPG than Lost Odyssey.

It is the best jrpg ever.

Persona 4? Haven't played it but let me guess.. it is a game with a whiney 15 year old kid with spiky hair as main character and an annoying cell shaded anime style graphics?

I'm sorry to intrude, but let me ask you something that I've always been curious about. How many JRPGs have you seen where you actualy play as a 15 year old with spiky hair? That is such a popular stereotype among haters, and I've never seen it!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

It's your list and your opinion, and I can respect it.

I think Grandia ll, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy X, Superstar Saga, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, Lost Odyssey (not a bad choice, in my opinion), and Shadow Hearts would dominate my top 10 list. You mentioned a few games I'd like to play someday, though.

Esa-Petteri said:
Euphoria14 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

It is not that anyone hates Lost Odyssey, it is a good game. It is just FAR from being anywhere within a hundred mile radius of being "The best JRPG ever".

He has it #2 on the list and above Persona 4 which is in every sense a MUCH BETTER JRPG than Lost Odyssey.

Persona 4? Haven't played it but let me guess.. it is a game with a whiney 15 year old kid with spiky hair as main character and an annoying cell shaded anime style graphics?

Wow, you sure know a lot about the game, right? Sorry, to say it, but you missed every single characterisitic. He's not 15, he hasn't spiky hair, he's not whiny as he doesn't talk and it's not cel shaded. Shows how much you know about the genre. May I suggest playing more RPGs before passing judgment? It doesn't make you look good if you go stereotipizing amazing games like P4 when you obviously have no idea what they are about

d21lewis said:
It's your list and your opinion, and I can respect it.

I think Grandia ll, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy X, Superstar Saga, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, Lost Odyssey (not a bad choice, in my opinion), and Shadow Hearts would dominate my top 10 list. You mentioned a few games I'd like to play someday, though.

I forgot about Grandia 2. That game was amazing.

misteromar mk4 said:
Good list but I would have Skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2 from the DC, also ToS from The GC, in my list.

Someone on my waivelength. :) My list would be:

10. Tales Of Symphonia

9. Final Fantasy 9

8. Grandia 2

7. Skies of Arcadia

6. Chrono Trigger

5. Final fantasy 2

4. Suikoden 2

3. Lost Odyssey

2. Final Fantasy 7

1. Final Fantasy 6

Around the Network

@ Esa-Petteri )

haha, this is entertaining

before you were whining because you felt people were "hating" your game (although most was simply criticism and only one statement was a bit too emotional) and next thing you do is lash out at games others like

funny guy

zexen_lowe said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Euphoria14 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Wow, you sure know a lot about the game, right? Sorry, to say it, but you missed every single characterisitic. He's not 15, he hasn't spiky hair, he's not whiny as he doesn't talk and it's not cel shaded. Shows how much you know about the genre. May I suggest playing more RPGs before passing judgment? It doesn't make you look good if you go stereotipizing amazing games like P4 when you obviously have no idea what they are about

I havent played Persona 4. But if it's similar to previous iterations, 4 wouldnt stand a chance in my top 10. Persona has never been that great to me. sorry. :)

Flawed list. What were you thinking when you put DQ VIII in it, and made FF VII first?

But yeah, opinions. Here's mine.

Ah, and DQ VIII had a rich storyline? your copy is vastly different from mine then XD

Nice list. Glad to see Pokemon blue and my fave part of the Golden Sun series up there. I may not agree with the order but I like the list. Can't wait to get Vesperia for my Ps3.

4 ≈ One

I VETO your list. My list (top 5, 'cause I'm lazy)

5) Xenosaga
4) Chrono Trigger
3) Final Fantasy VII
2) Final Fantasy VIII
1)

I think FF7 is great game, but a grossly overrated one.